
Here is this weeks letter from Xandi. We were able to talk for a little while via email and she was mortified ( okay maybe a little exageration) at last weeks letter being posted on the blog without any editing. So if you got wind of a weight gain just ignore it and pretend like you never saw it ;-).
She reflected a little on the idea of being on the internet and her response was " I am famous" then she went on about how great she felt and that she and her companion were able to get their hair cut by a ward member for free today. Always a highlight in a girls day. Then she sent her letter:
To: Mi Famila !!!,
So this week was pretty interesting. Nothing like last weeks but still. Fernando came to church! And he stayed for the full 3 hours. He said he liked it but he wants to stick with his religion. We´ll see how that goes. We have two set baptism dates for this weekend but I’m not sure if they will work out. Boris needs to be married first and as of yesterday I don´t think they had plans. But who knows? And Carolina is set for Saturday but she still has doubts. She says she doesn´t know the importance of baptism. So that has been the focus of our lessons for the last few visits. We shall see...
We have had a lot of contacts this week who say that they believe in the bible but not in prophets. Or in god but not Christ. One even said he has read the bible 4 times but doesn´t believe in Christ or prophets. Can anyone tell me how that is possible? Most of them say “I believe in God but in my way” when there is no “my way” only His way. Those are the people that need this message.
We had zone conference this week. They totally freaked out all the newbie’s, including me. We were taken out into the hallway and told to say 4 things once we went back into the room. Name, where we´re from, our sector and our companion. I was lucky number 1. After I said my name everyone started screaming and pounding the stage (the rest of the missionaries were on the ground). I just about had a heart attack. Ha-ha but it was fun.
Happy early birthday to Javier and Analise!!!! I want to hear all about the party this weekend. I hope you have fun :D I sent out birthday cards almost two weeks ago so let me know when you get them.
Well I´m out of time this week. I love you all!!! I miss you. You´re all adorable and you rock my socks. Muah!
Xandi
Our video to her this week went something like this:
