Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

a day to celebrate..celebrate that the stress was coming to an end but mostly to celebrate the union of Mercedes to Nick Jones. When I reflect back I can't help but to recall how emotional of a week we had and I survived the day with just a couple hours of sleep. Now we have such a beautiful baby "Wando" in Elly's words. What a day and I can't believe how life changes in just a year...

A year ago today:

we waited outside the San Diego temple for a photo opportunity with the new bride and our new brother-in-law Nick...
Nick and Mercedes 019Nick and Mercedes 006Nick and Mercedes 026Nick and Mercedes 030

When they came out it was such a glorious moment for our family:

Nick and Mercedes 059

hugs all around:
Nick and Mercedes 069Nick and Mercedes 093

and some very fun jokes shared during the family and friends photo shots:
Nick and Mercedes 197Nick and Mercedes 149Nick and Mercedes 202Nick and Mercedes 226

Oh man what a day it was.. filled with so many events..fears that it would be rained on.. thank goodness it only rained when we were ready to move on to the next event. We had a ring ceremony for those who were unable to attend the ceremony inside the temple:

Nick and Mercedes 293Nick and Mercedes 310Nick and Mercedes 353Nick and Mercedes 282

Then it was time to eat lunch and the new bride and groom headed out to take some beautiful photos and we were off getting ready for the big reception. Let me just say as I write this I am actually glad that it has been a year. Yup!!! I will be a pro wedding planner by the time I get to Elly.

Angels_Kids

I can remember when we were told a year ago " Mercedes is married"we were in a state of shock I think... our reactions would be the same today ":
Nick and Mercedes 783Nick and Mercedes 782

even more shocking is that she is a mama now too!!! Who knew... hopefully this will be a slow year. Happy anniversary Nick and Mercedes may it find you full of joy as the day when you became one..

Nick and Mercedes 492Nick and Mercedes 480Nick and Mercedes 457Nick and Mercedes 528

I can't wait for another event that will bring down some of the greatest friendships of all time.. I love you all dearly... Oh happy day now that I don't have to stay up all night decorating I choose to blog instead..much more relaxing..
Nick and Mercedes 133