Javier has been busy with freshman orientation so we have been finding things to do while we wait to pick him up. We met his roommates and weird is an understatement of the year. They seem like good kids though and hopefully they all get along as the year passes.
We spent an evening bowling and the kids had a blast.




It took us forever to finish our game. We had to break for food and plus most of my team had little feet. What do people expect when to my one step they have to take three? plus the bowling balls rolled down the alley very slowly. :)


We called it a night. It was a lot of fun and this was a very fun group to hang out with.

I found these banners to be very inspiring at the freshman orientation.

On our way to get Rodd from the Salt Lake Airport, Kristin and I stopped at a warehouse sale for shade clothing. They were going out of business and everything was selling for under 5 bucks. It was great! It was hard to not over spend. Have I mentioned that while I am in Utah I try to collect as much modest clothing as I can. This was like a candy store for me..I am so serious too!
Our next thing on the calendar is to have dinner with the new Harmer family. Jordan recently got married and we were unable to attend his open house so we treated them to fun night out with our family and friends from his past. It was like a high school reunion. So cool to watch from the sidelines.







If you asked the kids they would say the worst part about the trip was Laundry day! The had to sit in this little space for however long it takes to do the laundry. I know.. such horrible parenting..blah blah...

Yet once again all good things must come to an end, but wait! Before we leave we must have a little bit of drama...I mean how else could we call this a family vacation without a little something to spice it up, or have a curve ball thrown...whatever one wants to call it we experienced it. Of course it happens right when we are having the most fun we have had in a long time. That dreaded phone call from my FATHER yes my father. You know the man who is watching our beloved dog Kenai back at home in San Diego. He calls and states matter of factly that "THEY stole your truck and the dog, call the police!" WHAT!! (sigh) yup as I get more and more of the story it just doesn't make any sense. according to my father someone came in our home and stole the keys out of our house that were to Rodd's truck and he took Kenai our dog with him. huh! you ask... well then he said the guy stole his phone. I am so confused at this point but more scared. Forget the stupid car get the dog back! Come on people let's get our priorities in check...car replaceable and insured. Dog NOT! I call my dads phone and this theif, robber whatever he is answers and is obviously drunk and talking nonsense. He said we have to meet him at a park to get our dog back and at that point I passed the phone to Rodd so I could call the Escondido police department. I needed them to send someone out to collect our car and dog and let me just say that giving them the story was the most awkward thing ever. They probably thought I was out of my mind! Turns out my dad hired a bum to come into my home and care for my animals while he went off to work and upon his arrival home everything went wrong. Will I ever trust my dad again? Will I ever leave the Dog behind again? Will I ever rope swing off a tree into a lake of water again? (which is what we were doing when this all started) I don't know but from what we are told we will be dealing with this in the courts for awhile. I am just glad Kenai was recovered and he is now safe. the car on the other hand was full of dog vomit (he does get car sick) and empty liquor bottles. eww! I know.. It is Rodd's car and not mine..
This ends our stay in Utah. We have contemplated driving home but we are going to give dad another chance to make it right, at least for the next few days as we finish out our vacation road trip.