"Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the HUSBAND."
This is the theory I live by. Okay truth moment: I know Rodd lets me think I am always right even when he is. I am not complaining. We have survived an 11 year marriage..but I have been looking at his face for over 14 years today. WOW! Time sure does fly by when your not paying attention.We celebrated last week with a day out together since we knew Rodd would be working pretty hard this week. He wasn't able to get our wedding anniversary off. This is the first time in a long time. I fill like I have to become stricter with his vacation days. Right now the scouting world is filling his vacation days. We take what we can and make it all work out. We didn't really have a plan we just knew that it wasn't what we did that was so important but who were were with. That is what would make the day.
Funny how this just happened to be the day that Rodd woke with some major tooth pain. Enough for him to need to pop some pills. So our first stop was an emergency trip to the Dentist:
The result is that he will need surgery to remove his wisdom tooth. Yikes!! I can't wait to see him look like a chipmunk. The best part will be picking him up all groggy and listening to him talk. There is nothing funnier I promise! our day continued with some pain medication...
We had our dinner here:
It was so good. I really enjoyed it. It was an off time when we went so it was not crowded and pretty quite. Perfect setting for our celebration.
We moved on to watch a movie. It was Rodd's choice and well let's just say we will stick to chick flicks next time. Magic Mike was a NO WAY JOSE moment for him so he picked:
I wasn't crazy impressed with the movie but I gave it a chance since some good friends really liked it. So if you are dying to watch it go for it but it was just eh!
If you know anything about Rodd and our relationship you know that he can't stand to be away from his kids for very long. He gets nervous leaving them alone.I think he suffers with separation anxiety! So we called it a night and headed home.
Now flash forward to today. He had to work but it's still a hard day for me but I wanted to make the best of it for my kids. So we went to clean up and decorate Mom's house at the cemetery since if she lived outside of our hearts she would be celebrating 58 years of life today.
We thought how great would it be to give her flowers and laugh and have fun just like we would have done if she were alive. So we did! We bought her some flowers and balloons that expressed our love to her.
We cleaned her home and beautified it just like she would do for us.
These are my babies and I love them all so much. I never knew I could love so many people so much. My heart just might explode with LOVE! (insert my love for Meche and Javo who are MIA these days)
It was nice to sit on a blanket in the shade and just relax. It is very serene there.
The kids had an idea..oh no! is always a good way to respond to one of their ideas. First off it was time to pack up and go home but first let's have some nice photos for my blog. NICE is such a relative term. Here's how the story goes...
" Come on guys act like you love each other"
"look Angel Nani's pregnant"..."Not funny Children, seriously one good photo?" " Okay one good photo"
Gabe: " Are we done was that good cause..."
"Did you get that photo Mommy!" Gabe is my clown seriously he shocked us all..good thing I have these instincts to just keep snapping photos..Xandi fell hard! That's what you get..payback for the pretend pregnancy photo!
I told them okay seriously just pose and this is what I got.
The boys asked if they could go Ninja. I said "Sure" not really knowing what "going Ninja meant.." Oh boy! it always starts with Gabe!
Okay wait a minute why is Gabe taking his shirt off?
Of course a good leader always has a team to follow. Xandi and Dante started to prepare for ninja status. Look closely because you can see Elly getting ready too!
And there goes Elly!
Okay here is where I started to see the ninja idea come to light. hahaha!!! I really had to use the bathroom! The girls are mesmerized.."WEIRDOS!"
Okay Xandi...yup no words!
Did you get scared? My boys are Ninjas!
Now I want to be part of the fun! Picture bombing is so annoying! Thanks Gabe!
Dante can you hold Gabe?
We took a little tour of the cemetery and came across this quote: "Death is the golden key that opens the palace of eternity" - Milton... I absolutely loved reading it. They had some beautiful memorial sites with some very cool features.
The bathrooms at the cemetery smell worse then a dead body. So we made a pit stop at McDonald's mostly for their bathroom where the air blows right into Elly's mouth...and maybe they convinced me that dessert is better before dinner who knows..:0)
Rodd and I connected for dinner and we called it a night.
It was surprisingly a very fun and lovely day. Thanks to my kids for not letting me feel the pain that hides in the day for me. I am so grateful to have a husband that despite his own feelings allowed our wedding to take place on a day I thought I would never be able to get past. He filled a day of pain with a day of joy for me. No matter how weird it was for him and every year after he is really a great man for putting me first in all his thoughts. Here's to many more years together and less roller coaster rides of emotions! I LOVE you all.




