Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial DAY!

It's tradition to spend our memorial day at the Rancho Bernardo Community Park with some good friends and our ward family ( from church). The morning started with a friendly game of soccer. By friendly I mean there was no ambulance called this year.
Rodd was the goalie...probably because it has you running a lot less :0)


The boys had a blast running up and down the field. Dante was always in the support position. Someone should yell at him to get in there! There is no time to scratch your head get moving!

It's okay though I had to go focus on the girls for a little while. They are less competitive to watch. Dragging poor Lizzie Walker through the grass. What can go wrong?
Then it was Game time...Okay I can be a little competitive I will give my family that much :0)

Now Run Analise!

Elly wanted her sponge to be soaking wet as I yelled just dunk it and RUN!

second time around went a lot smoother..Analise found her speed!
She even had fun during the relay races.
It was HOT! so getting a little wet felt really good. It dried up so fast.

Okay back to the boys game. Really Gabe since when do soccer players frolic through the field?

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!

We've been celebrating Memorial Day for long enough in this country that we should know what it's all about by now. The fourth Monday in May is supposed to be the one day we all come together as Americans to honor all those who have died at war, fighting for our country.

WE ARE REMEMBERING VETERANS ON MEMORIAL DAY: 
How do you HONOR them?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.  
-John F. Kennedy 

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. -Joseph Campbell

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me. -Lee Greenwood