Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Wave Water Park

 
Rodd has a day off...why waste it right? The wave water park is practically in our backyard and yet we have never been. At least I can't remember ever going before. Well we packed up and off we went to spend a day as family and soak up the sun. When we first arrived the first thing the kids all noticed is how small this place is. But come on, let's think about their comparisons. San Dimas water park, Knott's soak city it's just not a fair comparison. They did have a lazy river and that is where we started our day. It was very cold initially so getting in was hard.

But once we were all in and splashing around it was summer fun!


We had to grab tubes as they became available so we could ride a slide down into the lazy river. Every time Rodd went though he drank water at the end.

 Time to celebrate WORLD! Elly is officially big enough by height to ride the slides. Although I am not confident with her swimming ability (or I am being very over-protective). She was so proud of herself when we checked the height requirement.Seriously she was so proud she even was willing to carry her own inner tube up the 3 flights of stairs.


We rode that slide probably 50 times today! This park is pretty small that really all they had was the slide, lazy river and the salt water pool. Which was pretty cool actually! The kids had a blast in just a pool. Guess I could have saved some money and just went to our neighborhood club pool.

The highlight of my laughs for the day came when Elly was searching the pool for an empty inner tube so she could be like her siblings.

Then she found one and she swam over to it.

She lifted it up in hopes to get in from the bottom. Aww but she didn't notice the lady who had a tight grip on it on the other end. Oh my!
So she climbed in and tried to swim away but the very patient lady told her to get out..in a nice way I am sure. It's okay because she headed straight to me and asked me to go locate her one. Which I did after witnessing how hard she was working to get one.

We found the little kids playground area that the girls had a blast in. They had slides and a jungle gym area. Fun Fun if you are under 48 inches. So us tall people (wait I just found a moment where I am considered tall..nice!) found a comfy bench to chill lax on. 


At this point I am getting hungry we are getting ready to call it a day but we had to go down the slides at least one more time. Especially now that we can all go down together. I really do love this stage of family life.
 And I love this age. She is always wanting love and to cuddle. I hope it never goes away!
 My little Angel!

We swam in the lazy river while the girls went down that slide one more time.
 Closing time came pretty fast. Quick photo for our memories where we all look semi-happy with each other and then off to dinner we go.

Wait as we were looking at the double inner tubes we saw a little something..
 Yup she is almost eight..WHAT!@#$#@@ I know I am so excited and sad at the same time. My Princess is growing up and everywhere I look all I can see is eights. Of course Elly just loves to be in photos so she too wanted a photo with the cool 8. Cause one day she will be eight right?........NAH!

We had dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ galore food. Of course Gabe had to try the hottest BBQ known to man. Well maybe not all men actually I have no idea but it is the hottest that restaurant carries. ;-)

 This is what happens when you push yourself to hard on your adventures. Hope I can sleep like that tonight!