Thursday, August 16, 2012

Glasses

What is going on with the style of glasses. It is so weird to see trends from WAY back when come back into style. Can't we come up with our own new styles in this generation? Now kids are wearing glasses as a fashion accessory not for vision correction. Why would you want to wear glasses if you didn't need them. I will never understand.

Today I took Dante to his eye appointment to get him some new glasses. His old glasses have gotten to small for him. In fact his head has gotten to big..I had to chuckle at that thought. Maybe your ego can really make your head grow.

He knew exactly what he wanted...in fact when he found them I remembered them from my military days. Except back then we called them Birth control glasses. Guess the military caught on to the new fashion style and has phased out these glasses and will have to search for an even uglier version for future recruits. It will take some getting use to that's for sure.
GI glasses
Turns out he will probably need glasses for the rest of his life. He thought maybe his eyes would improve if he used them less. At church he can't see the speakers or the numbers displayed to show the songs that will be sung that day. I wonder if he will wear his new glasses to church now.
Very similar to GI glasses
hmmm... I wonder if I will EVER get used to this look. Good thing he gets new glasses every year.