Sunday, October 06, 2013

Del Mar Fair Mud Run (housewife style)

This is becoming an annual tradition. We got the 9am start time which worked out perfect for me..less of an early morning start and just in time for all our other activities. Let me just start by saying when the alarm went off at 6:15 I almost cancelled HA! If I was running on my own I wouldn't make it...there is something to having others rely on you attending or even knowing that they will be picking you up at a certain time that's gets you moving. I even brushed my teeth! 

Summer Corey picked me up at 7am and off we went to Tami Dedic's house then over to the race we go. 
The best part of the pre-race fun was walking the booths for all the freebies..and I scored in that department! Found a snack I love.
 
The whole race set up was a little different this year but I liked the change. As we walked to the starting lane we had to take advantage of some starting shots.  After all I do want to remember the event in the future..it was so cold in the AM. We had the Santana winds blowing in...brrrrr!

Time to be race ready!

Let me just say I always Love this race and am already planning for next year..there needs to be a better descriptive word then FUN because it is way more then just FUN!
The start line was chaotic, crowded and loud..the DJ and his music was so loud I couldn't even talk without screaming. Bringing back those club hoppin days :0)
 Mud was everywhere..I was so dirty and it was gritty not even smooth mud ugh! And the mud pools were so cold and I had to crawl in the mud pool under obstacles..so fun! HA! 
The finish line at times seemed so far I was so excited to finally be there..I stayed with summer through the whole route we finished it 55 minutes later, Tami is our fitness guru she completed it in like 35 minutes. You go girl!..wahoo!! And we got some cool headbands!
Definitely feels like I conquered..and can you tell I am losing weight? Next year I will be even smaller..
White tank top is now an ugly brown...nothing a little bleach won't fix!
What's a race without a couple victory photos? 
Bringing out my inner child.
I donated shoes last year but this year I decided to keep them. Turns out they clean up pretty well next year these will be donated but they still got another year. 
The journey continued and this was all before most in my family rise out of bed. 
Foam shower time. (Which never really clean me up but the soap smells good)
Change into clean clothes. I clean up pretty well. 
Time to retire this years number and call this mud run a success. 
My fitness goals and journey will always have their difficult moments. I really want to do more races in the next year and hope to get my family racing with me next year. I'm already excited...stay tuned till then....
:0) running dirty!