Saturday, March 22, 2014

A day with no younger boys

 Dante and Gabe left last night to attend the stake youth conference so we have the whole night with no boys and Rodd has Saturday (tomorrow) off! Yay, considering he hasn't been off in so long. We met Rodd for dinner and went shopping.. We broke down and finally bought a kindle. 
And of course we had to finally buy the movie Frozen. 
I wanted to share with the girls a little bit of my childhood so watched the movie Annie to close our night. I loved that movie when I was younger and as an adult I still think that movie is so well done. 
We all slept in till 8:30 and started our morning with Frozen. Singing and eating breakfast in bed what else can a girl ask for. 
We got a call from bishop Brockbank Informing us that Gabe forgot his epi-pen so we dressed for a hike and headed out to Ramona to drop off an epi-pen with all the youth. It was so fun, we decided to stay on site and hike to a cross at the top of the hill located in the campgrounds where they where holding youth conference in Ramona. 
It was a short hike but it sure had some steep moments where my knees where achy. 
We had the dogs of course because I was sick all week which meant that they didn't get their daily run. So they were full of pent up energy. Crazy dogs! 
Once we got to the top we lounged for sometime and went on with our adventure. 
Rodd had is own adventure...wondering what he is doing? Hmmm..use your imagination!
We found a rock that was at one time connected till it had a split and rolled away. That was a cool sight!
As we drove away onto another adventure this was my view in the passenger mirror HA! It doesn't quite get her jowls flapping and ears. 
Then we found a camel...seriously it was so tiny in comparison to what I thought they were size wise. We will have to go back and ride a camel someday. They were closed today. 
We stopped at the Santa Ysabel mission and paid our respects to their ancestors in the cemetery. 
And came across this touching quote. 
 From there we headed to our favorite thrift store of all time. We found some treasures! 
And found the many faces of Elly!
As we drove home we stopped by Rodd's work to get his motorcycle. We left it there last night so we could do dinner and shop together and decided to just pick it up another time. As he drive in front of us his dog kitty was so confused!
And concerned I think...
I bought this little gem at the thrift store to rehab for the girls room. I am so excited. 
The girls decided they wanted to put their beds together rather then have different beds across the room. One big bed sounded much better to them so we had to do a room remodel. The end result wasn't too bad. 
Our Saturday ended with being a flake on a meeting I scheduled so we can have dinner with family we haven't seen in a while. They are so close yet so far away. 
Can't wait for the boys to come home. Probably going to be a frozen night again till my eyes close till morning.