Is this not the truest statement? That's how I feel about this blog. My large plates documenting my day to day antics with those that I love but sometimes I fall short. Guess what? It's okay.
Caught this little dog whose name is Kenai wondering off to do his business in another yard. Ugh! Stupid dog. That makes it so much harder to pick up.
The deck is still being built. It's going to be a task for sure but when it's done it will be awesome!
The girls and I are making cushions for our outdoor fire pit area. We had to waterproof them and then cover them with some fabric. Not to mention the foam size is custom since they are crazy long benches.
But I wanted a cover I could wash so we sewed it with some Velcro.
Thank goodness Xandi was here to get it all done. You would think I waited to do them for when she was home ;)
It literally took all day. It wasn't suppose to but it did. We had to figure some things out and once that was done it was pretty easy to sit there and watch them do all the work ha! Nah..I helped a little.
Before the bench was blah. Not very comfortable. I wanted a place to hangout. Not just at night with the fire but during the day in the shade too. I just wanted this area of our yard to be useable as well. Well I'm very pleased with the after result. Thank you Xandi, Analise and Elly for bringing my visual to life.
It's almost the perfect place to sit and read a book. Well once the flooring is done. I'm still working out a visual for what I want there. It just hasn't come to me yet.
We took a small break to drop Xandi and James off at the airport. It was sad to say goodbye. I will admit I was teary eyed..I love when family visits. I came home to the girls making pillows with the scrap fabric.
Actually more impressive is that Analise taught Elly to sew pillows. Proud mommy moment there.
Elly even made a different shape..a triangle. I'm so totally impressed with what she can do when she is motivated.
The deck is showing a lot of progress. I don't have a husband for a little while because his mind is so engrossed with the building plans. I'm sure he is going through everything over and over again in his mind.
But this is our anniversary gift to each other, and I love it. Im pretty lucky to have Rodd in my life. Counting my blessings for sure.