Wednesday, November 25, 2015

a day of organization

What does a girl do after having such a whirlwind of the last couple of days? Well in my to do list for 2 weeks now was to organize the hall closet. It has been in my mind and at night I would spend hours searching Pinterest and looking up ikea hacks. It was bad..thank goodness it was a silent obsession. I totally kept it to myself. Looking at this closet every time the door was left open made me cringe. I hated it and I knew there had to be a better way to organize it. 
So when the girls said what are we doing today I replied with "why IKEA of course." ;) I needed some inspiration and it's such a small space. IKEA is the king of small places right? Oh boy! 
We found a cop car smaller then the fiat. It was so adorable. 
While walking through IKEA the girls annoyed me with their fighting and running around. Then I looked around and saw they were acting like all the other kids around me. I must admit there were moments where I thought yup this is why I don't bring them shopping with me. The other day someone asked Analise if she was going Black Friday shopping with her mom. Ha! NOPE! That girl would just slow me down. 

Ikea does have the cutest kids section. Well we walked the whole store and walked away with some ideas we just weren't 100% sure how we were going implement them. 
Let's not forget the highlight of the day. Dante is still coming home for thanksgiving even though all others have passed on gracing us with their presence. Losers! They are so going to wish they came home for the holidays! Or I'm going to cry because I miss them so much! Okay back to Dante! I'd update on his location but he has blocked that information from me..boo! His estimated time of arrival is about 11pm. He has ordered to be picked up in murrieta. That's in Gabe or Rodd not me. I suck at night driving. Old age is not fun. 
Well when we arrived home we started on organizing that mess of a closet. We went through everything in there. We got rid of 2 trash bags of stuff. The things we collect can be seen as very weird sometimes. My girls are hoarders. It's almost Christmas time so I'm busy getting rid of stuff to make room for the items. The closet cleaned out and built makes me a much happier person. I'm proud that we got this accomplished today. I want to hang out in the closet now. The IKEA buckets worked out perfectly. 
We added a shelf in the closet 
Made room for the vacuum and mop. 
I'm super excited to have a place for everything. 
So the real question is how long will it take for this to become a total mess again? 
I'm ending the night going through gifts and making a shopping list. Black Friday is just around the corner. Stay tuned!