Monday, November 23, 2015

Family gathers to honor Elly

This has been a crazy day getting everything ready to celebrate Elly's birthday a night early. We are off to LA in the morning and we definitely wanted to celebrate with family before the holidays. Analise did a pretty amazing job at decorating the house for this event. 
Everyone started arriving and Elly and I picked the menu. We did all the shopping and cooking. It was a little crazy. What's on the menu? Why bacon tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. Salad options: Caesar salad or a garden salad with many dressing choices. We also had  meatballs with 3 types of pasta. 
Elly was so impatient. She wanted to open her presents so bad. She just kept asking me over and over again. Well the time arrived. 
She got lots of $$ to spend at the American doll store. 
Oooh she definitely is a shoe lover 
Oh man every girl needs a good pair of boots 
Auntie Dzen is helping her bring out that inner country girl. 
More gifts! She got clothes for her American girl doll. That doll has so many outfits. Cez knows Elly so well. 
Candle time! Make a good wish Elly. 
I can't say enough how thankful we are to have such a supportive family. Even though Rodd came home upset that he had to clean because I wasn't able to get it all done I still appreciate their support. I just wish I wasn't judged if my house was a mess..maybe that's all in Rodds head. Company ready? Whatever that means. We need a family ready because who the heck really cares how clean my house is when you arrive. 
Dani stopped by to hang for a bit. There was a little while that went by where we hardly saw her. 
These two are almost the same height. 
This was the best photo of like 8. Elly was tired of taking pictures. Boy we are just getting started girl. Better get used to it. 
Look at that smile. I look at these photos and just think how beautiful that little girl is. 
Grandma and grandpa showed their love. We even got grandpa to take a photo with her and he even looked at the camera. Now that's real love! 
We have a pretty amazing family. 
Soon all I will have by my side is this little angel. I'm pretty blessed. 
These are a couple of the most amazing auntie and uncle to walk the earth. 
They all show support and love. 
We know how to celebrate! 
And party like its 2015. 
After everyone left Rodd and I went to the store to get her mantle items. I'm doing everything a little last minute this year. I may not make it to a 9am departure in the morning. 
She got a ton of items but I couldn't do red dye items. Trying to avoid a reaction this year. 
Analise did this to Elly's photo. How funny is that.. 

I got to end the night with my daily dose of Lexie. 
Xandi said: 
She has started reacting to me when we play :D and, like I said, she likes being without clothing.
And now I have enjoyed the daily photos so much that I asked Mercedes to do the same thing. I can't explain the joy they bring to my day. I can never end a bad day bad with these Angels. 
Mercedes said: Monopoly is pretty much all we play all day. But it's all good, he's always the bank, so that makes for some great math and reading practice!