Wednesday, April 27, 2016

No sweeping it under the rug

Life has been fairly calm in our household. Aside from the many trials we are facing we are also trying to do some repairs. The newest thing is that I'm looking for a part time position that will fill a temporary need to downsize some debt. The problem is I don't have any work experience for the last 18 years. Doesn't that sound crazy? No?, then you must be a mom too. 
Life started with missing trash day. Oh man, that is the worst and here I was hoping the week was on an up swing. 
We are preparing for Dante's departure to Chile and there are moments like this I will always cherish. "Go chat with your father",Dante, and it's kinda cool to see. 
He needed a typhoid shot for his mission.  Those things are crazy expensive. No wonder traveling is for the rich. Ha! We don't think she administers shots very often as it was the most painful one yet. 
Then it was time to try on some suits and get some fitted and altered. The boy has grown so much. 
Yesterday at scouts Elly made me such a wonderful surprise. This beautiful necklace! and I wore it all day. 
I stopped at the school just in time to see Elly prepare their class snack. Yummy! 
For activity days we went to see the temple. Boy did I need this more then them. It was surprising how much peace I gained in my life just by walking the grounds. 
They are all pretty amazing girls. Their stories, games and riddles crack me up. They totally made my day. Honestly though, this girl makes my heart happy. She has such a beautiful heart and well she is always there for me when needed. Being at the temple with her made me feel even more blessed. She is here sharing her life with me for many reasons. 
Don't let my eye scare you. No one beat me up, I just had a melt down and bursted my blood vessels. It's all normal and no it doesn't hurt ;). These are questions I have gotten many times. 
But seriously this view can calm any anxiety or depressed soul. Well at least it reminded me that I should spend more time there. 
To end my night I had this view. All these kiddos correcting math homework from Mrs. Navarrette's class so she could have time with her family. Families that serve get more blessings. Boy do we need more blessings right now. 
I plan to sleep well and hope for an even better day to more. Each day life gets better and stronger as we anticipate the next trial.