With Rodd not being home there wasn't that awkward feeling that lingers when his anger is designed to punish all who wronged him. I was able to just be me and figure out how I wanted the day to pan out. I had a couple emotional break downs.
The kids and I watched a movie and played some games together. We made lunch together and then cleaned up together. I guess the key here is that we focused on being together. Elly had her melt downs she wanted her father. She cried and called him often to remind him that he promised her he would come home today. She truly is in a panic and it's heartbreaking to me. It's a true example to me of where we have failed as parents.
I started an herb garden. :/ my brown thumb will try to be better at pretending to be green.
I was also able to get a salsa garden in the ground. I'm still contemplating what else I will put in my boxes. My procrastination may force me to wait till the fall.
This Sunday didn't really have an adventure. It focuses more on healing myself and realizing that change can be good.
Well Rodd came home and made Elly's day brighter. She is walking, talking with a little more pep in her day. Although the awkwardness is back and that's my que to retire to bed for the night. I got an early morning sunrise to witness. As I sit here I'm listening to Gabe play the piano
and then I walk a little farther and I can hear Dante playing guitar. Oh man, I super love these kids. Here's to a much better day tomorrow.






