Thursday, August 20, 2009

clarification needed

Okay I believe there needs to be some clarification. I had the worst day. I can't say in my life because I definitely can think of days that have gone worse however let's say in the last three years this one takes the cake. My days always start with the same intentions. Little drama and a lot of fun. I had been putting off this stinkin dental appointment for months. ( Ever since I had oral surgery on my gums I have had to get my teeth deep cleaned every three months) I finally said okay fit me in and this one was the only morning appointment they had. It happened to fall on the same day that the boys YSC ( Young Statesman Club) was having a pool party. So it all worked out perfect. Everyone pile into the car play at the park for the hour I am at the dentist and then we will have a picnic lunch and off to swim at the party. Easy right? I am starting to think that whenever something is too easy there is always a catch. En route to the dentist our "buy Gas stupid" light came on or that's when I noticed it. Who knows how long it was on but I do know that that I can go at least 40 miles on that light. :-). The appointment went smooth and I lost maybe two pounds of tarter. Seriously clean your teeth before you do any official weigh-ins. I always feel lighter at least. On my way to pick the kids up at the park down the street my car started to shake and chug it's way up the hill to the park. I rolled into the parking lot and low and behold I ran out of gas. Quick call to roadside assistance and gas is on it's way. See in all my years I have learned to be a problem solver. Make the best of the situation and go with it. While waiting I had some fun on facebook, talked to the kids, did some scout planning and even helped the lost roadside assistance truck find his way to me.

DSCF0227DSCF0228DSCF0229

Then it was off to give a reward to the kids for behaving and being so patient with me. We stopped to have lunch and then we were off to Trader Joe's for some Mochi Balls our favorite ice cream.

So here it goes the big turn in my day:

I was waiting for a parking spot and some lady comes flying in between my car and the car backing up and takes my spot. It's all good though because there is a parking spot right next to it. However she parked wide and made this spot a very tight fit for my huge suburban. She was sitting in her car staring at me so I rolled down my window smiled and said
"that wasn't cool"
she said
" I didn't see you there"
okay so what she didn't see me life goes on right. I was focused on the ice cream. So I told Javier to watch the kids while I ran in and noticed that Analise wasn't acting normal. She didn't have the same energy so I thought maybe she was just tired. We have been waking early in the mornings and maybe giving up a nap schedule wasn't the best choice. As I tried to get out I said
" I hope I don't hit or scratch your car on my out" Seriously I was implying that our cars were so close together. They were!! The mirrors were kissing.

She flipped out yelled
"if you touch my car I will sue you and report to your insurance"
she backed up and took a picture of my license plate and said she will park somewhere else.

umm okay was my response but come on I have bigger issues to deal with then to deal with that one. So I moved on got out of the car and booked it in the store and booked it right out of the store. As I was running to the car she must of came up from behind and started yelling things that I could never type again.

So long story short she spit in my face and I pushed her out of my circle of space. She cried assault and called the cops. The funniest part of my story is that I must confess that two days earlier I was stopped for talking on my cell phone and the cop let me go on a warning. Well the cop that showed up... well let's just say we had already met and he clearly remembered.

Well this wonderful lady:



had this idea that she wanted me to go to jail and she felt that she was the person to teach me a lesson. The lies she spilled made me chuckle and feel sad for her. She had some major road rage issues and was unable to recognize those problems. I simply stand by my words that she was in the wrong from the very beginning. So the cop said that there is a chance that if he can't talk her down that I will be arrested for misdemeanor assault. Great!! He laughed a little at how ridiculous this whole thing was and I couldn't help to think why do we indulge in people's temper tantrums. What a waste of our city dollars. She wanted to protect my kids from my anger…. Umm okay was my thought. So I told the cop fine she spit in my face so we also will be pressing charges. This came to me after talking to my calm and patient Mr. D. So on that note he went to her and said that I would be arrested and since I have now chosen to press charges as well she will be arrested on a battery assault since spitting in someone's face is the same as punching them. She then chose at her own will to drop all her charges and go on with her day. So in the end I would have enjoyed fighting it out in court because I have since learned that I was acting in self defense and would have won without a doubt. Mostly I was excited to show the video from the store where I was walking away from her and she ran to engage in the assault rather than letting it go and moving on.

So what I have learned though is that when you encounter people like this you can't judge them. One never knows what her morning was like. Mine didn't start off wonderful either but she could have had an even worse morning. I also learned that the best thing I ever did was follow my instinct of leaving the kids in the car. If they had to endure her language and anger it would have broke my heart. There is an image I will never forget. So if you happen to be in the trader Joe's parking lot and you see this car or this woman



beware she snaps very easily and may have a hard life with no happiness so show some love and kindness to the world one person at a time.

BTW:

That night we found out that Analise was acting weird because she had been infected with hand foot mouth disease/ virus. Turns out it is very common I had just never heard of it before. Definitely a day to remember.