Thursday, August 20, 2009

Moving Up in the Ranks

Let it be known that as of today I have come to the realization that I am meant to be a girly mom. I know that in the past I stated that I am a boy mom for sure. This whole scout thing can be so complicated. Granted I am learning but my brain hurts. Is this me entering the scholar phase of my life? Trying to get all the information and then to be able to process it into the long term memory. I mean after all I have three boys who ARE going to make it to the EAGLE rank. It's no joke people. If you want your kids to accomplish greatness you have to achieve the same capacity. So sign me up please, because I think I am going to earn the eagle rank of scouts three times.


I am delighted to announce that Dante being 11 years old has moved up in the ranks from Boy SCOUT to the current rank of Tenderfoot. :-) woot woot *applause** He gets very shy though and refuses to kiss the woman who helped him achieve it. Sheesh!! No worries though he promises to lay a wet one right on my left cheek next time. I had to explain to him that it is customary to kiss for your rank advancement. huh!! Did that come out wrong?

DSCF0218DSCF0221DSCF0219

Then we got to witness Matthew Chidester and Ryan Krause get the highest rank of Eagle. It was an Honor to be in the presence of many Eagle scouts. Keep your eyes posted because we will soon sometime this year report Javier's great achievement of reaching and earning the rank of EAGLE. We are super proud of the boys and their commitment and desire to complete something they start. Let's not pretend here because the boys must pin their mom/ mother figure ( ME) for a reason. Maybe because I work just as hard. Whew!! It can be very tiring.
Congratulations to our newest Eagle scouts. You did good!!!


DSCF0222DSCF0225