Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hermana Ortiz

Guess what?!?!?!?! Sandra accepted a baptism date!!! She has said no maybe four times but yesterday she finally told us her doubt. She was afraid she would have to become like us, like a missionary. Haha we cleared that up quickly and then she said she felt much better and accepted a date for the 6th of September. She also said that her family doesn`t get along very well so before she met us she had been praying for help and when we showed up at her door, she knew she had an answer to her prayers. That almost brought me to tears. We are the answer to someone`s prayers. That is so amazing! It was a really cool experience.

The other day we were allowed to go to another area to help out the Elders there. There were about 8 or 9 sets of missionaries and we were each assigned a small area to work in for a couple hours. They had made it into a game so for each thing we did, we got a certain number of points. Haha it was a lot of fun except that it was freezing cold and threatening to start raining again. Plus my team lost. Oh well! We had fun :D

Jaqueline canceled her baptism date because she wants to be baptized with her daughter but her daughter doesn`t want to sit in on the lessons. Her daughter, Vanessa, also has a fear that she is going to lose her mom because her brother died 3 years ago and her grandma passed away 3 weeks ago. We don`t know how to help her if we can`t talk to her. But we`ll keep trying.

I`m curious as to how the amazing race thing went. What did you guys do? Was there a lot of people? That sounds like fun. And I love love love the pictures. Oh! I got Bong and Cez`s card last week. Tell them THANK YOU!!!! I love it! Well that’s all the time I have for this week. I love you all! I miss you too. Until next week!

Hermana Xandi