Saturday, August 01, 2009

DAY OF WORDS

It started like any other Saturday morning. Mom sleeps in because kids have the green light to watch Saturday Morning cartoons. When it's time to get dressed and pull our day together I find Javier and Dante launching a rocket some 70 feet into the air. It was a cool birthday gift given to Dante. ( Yes it has taken him this long to open it). Rodd calls and wants us to all go meet him for lunch. He is working an extra shift today and he is close to us to meet for his lunch break. We love doing this and it makes the day go by a little faster. The kids don't feel like daddy is gone soo long. As we are getting ready to leave we get this picture from Mercedes. With the message "What DO you think this view is from?"
mercedes in new car.jpg

hmm we figure based on the photo they are high up on the road so they must have purchased the small SUV she wanted. Not to sound to excited for them we simply replied "did you buy a car?" Yup she did. Congratulations!!!! A new bed mate, new car, new family, new baby on the way. What a year for Mercedes (and Nick of course).

P8010601 P8010605 P8010606

" Nick what is up with all these compasses? Are you afraid you are going to get lost or one might break?" - Javier

P8010607 P8010609

Our day continued because as we arrived to have lunch with Rodd Analise announces

"oops I forgot shoes"

"Analise how did you forget shoes, I said we were going to eat with daddy at a restaurant and you have to have shoes. What happened?

" I tried but I couldn't find any"

Some lose socks we lose shoes or do we just have little shoe borrowers? They never are able to stay in our home for very long. So it was off to lunch in hopes that no one notices and kicks us out. We split burritos and enjoy our food from:

P8010599

Then it was off to Target to buy some shoes for my shoeless kids.

P8010600

Javier states as, I share my frustrations that my kids should announce they can't find shoes at home not in the car at our destination, "it's in their blood not to wear shoes" as he gestures to himself and Mercedes.

"Oh yeah don't remind me of all that drama trying to get you two to put on shoes"

oh well it was a fun family lunch moment.

We head home and Dante is super excited to show Nick his rocket. They head to the front yard and a little while later Dante comes in and says

" Angel can I climb on the roof to get my rocket down"

What!!! " I don't care have at it" He has insurance were good.

Sometimes you forget the joy your family brings. We laugh more, play more, share knowledge and really feel the warmth with one another. I love my family dearly and am sad that they are growing up. At one time I feared the additional family members that would join through marriage but I am very proud to call Nick my Bro. My kids adore him more than anyone.

as Analise would say " Nick is my favorite missionary, he was a missionary right? I bet he had a lot of friends, he is fun, I love to walk on him"

So if we continue to get more Nicks we will be alright. It takes a strong soul to survive our families humor.