Monday, August 10, 2009

Tis the life...

An old photo to remember our Miss Nani or Xandi to others. We do miss her dearly but our Mondays are the best days of the week. We get to hear from Xandi and then later in the evening the family gathers with each other and spends the time enjoying one another’s company. We even had the opportunity to visit with Spencer. (He just got back from his mission in Uruguay) We had so much fun at the beach and later in the evening it was a Shrimp boil fun.

While we were at the beach we sent this video to Xandi:


This is her response.

"Haha you guys are so funny. Elly´s bathing suit is so cute. I think I had something with that name, once upon a time..... And spence: I´M SORRY!!!!! Haha
You can tell him I´m really sorry for not writing him on his mission but I wouldn´t be opposed to receiving something. Haha. I love videos!!!
I miss you guys. And I´m slightly jealous that you get to go to the beach. That it´s warm enough to go to the beach. Haha guess what happened the other day?! I totally tore apart my boots on accident. Now I can´t wear them but I´m not going to buy another pair so I´m forced to find other means of staying warm. Oh! Ask him if he met any family by the last name Pedraja in Uraguay... "

Here is her official letter:


¿Cómo estan, mi familia? Me encanta sus cartas! Muchas gracias :D Les quiero muchisisisimo!!!

That’s as far as my Spanish goes for now. I can´t think of what else I want to say to you in Spanish. Guess what?! A new family moved into our ward this week from Australia and they speak English! Granted it´s getting hard for me to teach anything in English because I´ve been trained in Spanish. When we had English speaking investigators, I swear every other word was “um” because I couldn´t think of it in English!

So we found a lady this week named Jaquelin and her daughter Vanessa. They are so cool! Jaquelin says that it makes sense that we need a prophet and apostles now if we needed them before. She agreed to baptism for the 30th of August! They are both really sweet.

We taught a lesson the other day and this lady (who is catholic) said something that I never really thought of before. Jesus teaches us in the Bible (and the BOM) to become as little children. Therefore they have no need to be baptized since they are the example we are supposed to follow. We both thought that was a pretty cool way of thinking.

One of the Elders here has a cool little card in his wallet. It has the day he was ordained an Elder and by whom. Then the day that person was ordained an Elder and by whom. And so on all the way back to Christ. I thought that was really cool. Something for Javier to maybe look into :D

Well my family, That´s all the time I have this week. I love you all and I miss you like crazy! Be good and don´t forget me :D Love you! Until next week.

Xandi

****************************************************************************

Our evening went well. The kids had a blast. Elly was grumpy for awhile but the food was delicious. I made chicken kabobs for us non shrimp eaters with a melody of veggies. It was fabulous. We got a lesson on how to eat shrimp. Good to know!! So turn on your speakers and enjoy the journey through our evening...