Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Story of my life...

Sometimes life can stretch us so thin that we need something to bring us back to center and closer to heaven. I will be the first to admit that at 31 years of age I have lived a life. A life that has seemed to expierence the joys and pains along with ups and downs, happy and sad moments all mixed to form the adventurous road I like to call MY LIFE. When mom died I never got to say "Goodbye" and I kick myself. When Analise at 2 had seizures and I couldn't bear to watch an IV be put into her neck I cried out to Heaven for strength. When my teenagers kept me up at night I learned a lot about who I was and who I want to be. At times I fear for the next adventure and I wonder why would I sign up for this. I am hear with a purpose..a baby put into play to be present at events that I was built to be at. I gain strength with every adventure but mostly I gain a love for life and those around me. Life can get us so busy that we no longer enjoy the little things in life. At times we all find it difficult to say "NO" to the good things and the opposition is fully aware of our trials. When you start to drift to far out then that's when an intervention must occur.

On November 7th I was updating some photos for this blog. All was relaxing, we were all in my room with the kids watching TV and Rodd sitting next to me in bed as I typed away. Similar to this exact moment. There are certain people one could never forget and Stefany Pike is one of those women in my life. As I typed her name on a picture the name didn't seem right or to fit. So I searched my blackberry and it showed that yes her name was Stefany and I had indeed spelled it right. I was confused and I asked Rodd " Is her name Stefany Pike?" He answered with yes and I stared off in lala land and passed out. However those moments I am unable to recall but when I came too I didn't really understand what was happening. I was weaker on my left side and had a lot of difficulty with speech. I had a cat scan, MRI and EEG. So if you ever thought I needed to get my head checked no worries that was indeed done and all test were clean.

IMG00454.jpg

I leave the hospital with not many more answers then when I went in. The body is a funny thing but a very smart mass. I am told the best guess would be a seizure but others feel that TIA seems to fit better but one may never know.. maybe I am just crazy and it is manifesting into a physical condition. Either way it is a scary thought and causes my family to worry and I never want that. I am a little slow in speech but am told that I will recover fully. When I refelct on my life I think about all the close calls that are given to me but mostly I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father as he guides me through the road to bring me closer to his words, perhaps we can learn from the words of the Apostle John, who said, “We love him, because he first loved us.” "Our way of life, hour by hour, must be filled with the love of God and love for others." Iknow that I am loved after every mistake and after every adventure or trial. I know that this step will pass as well and I hope to walk away with more knowledge and comfort then when I started.

Thanks to all those who filled the days with prayers and comfort for my family. We truly feel the love and the support. As I continue knowing that I may have 6-12 months with no driving the jouney will be challenging but one we are all willing to take. The story continues..maybe I should write a book...