Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

The year has come and gone and as I reflect on the ups and downs I am ready for what the New Year will bring. This Christmas really didn't feel like Christmas without Xandi. We always felt like their was something missing but it was really nice to be able to remember the real reason for the season. We are just so excited to be able to talk to Xandi tomorrow and hear her voice. This year I didn't even find the time to finish decorating but I don't think anyone would even notice. Today came so fast. I have kids tracking SANTA as I prepare for our family dinner. We started out the day with our family secret santa exchange. It was fun to see the excitement and the kids all enjoy it and get a chance to play with something before they get overwhelmed with gifts. hehehe I am not complaining...it's what happens when you have such a large family...we love it :)
secret santa Analisesecret santa Elly026secret santa NickSecret Santa Mercedessecret santa JavierSecret Santa- Dantesecret santa- Gabe

We continued into our Christmas Eve dinner..Now keep in mind I was expecting Mercedes to help and still be preggo but NOOO!! She went and popped and now I am flying solo. Mr. D had to work today..he was so bummed to not be here to help. I got a bit of a creative streak and I think our dinner table turned out okay. We were able to seat everyone.. Whew!! every year the table seems to get longer. Next year Landon will need a spot.. Our menu was too complicated to enter here, just imagine a Thanksgiving feast with some Ham.
027
have to add this one only becasue I said it would be on the blog for all to see. ;)
029
After Dinner it was time for the chaos to begin, I mean gift opening...
Elly was the clown this year. If anyone bought her clothes she had to put them all on. She would strip down to put on the new clothes. Except at one point she got a Tinkerbell shirt and from that moment on she refused to take that shirt off, so all the new clothes had to go on top of Tinkerbell. It was a funny scene.
037DSC00334039035

Analise has grown so much. I never grew up with Barbie Dolls and yet I have a child that just can't get enough of them. She truly is a girly girl and really misses the Princess Xandi who led her down that road.
DSC00353DSC00321

Aunties and uncles gave and got some pretty cool gifts.. ( grandparents too!!!)
DSC00333DSC00350DSC00399DSC00349DSC00386DSC00372DSC00361

So we wanted a four Wii controller charger and Costco Wholesale Warehouse had one at one point but of course they don't anymore. Mr. D's sister bought him a charger thinking it was for four because on the package it says For/Pour Wii controller Charger. Let's think this through..Pour means For not Four in another language. When she figured it out the laughter was uncontrollable.
DSC00396

after gift opening it was time to take some family shots and say goodnight. I mean after all Santa will only come when all are tucked in for the night. ;)
DSC00317

family christmas photo


When all was quiet it was time to call it a day...Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

046