Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas DAY festivities...

It's 4am and I can hear the pitter patter of little feet in the hallway outside my room. Little do they know that I just went to sleep like an hour ago there is no way I am waking up. I just ignore the noise and choose to allow myself some sleep. 6am more noise obviously more people are awake now...kids really just can't see a parents need for sleep. I hear my door creak and they must be peeking in on us so I start to breathe harder to give them the feeling that they should let a deep sleeper be..I am sooo tired. I guess they read my mind because on the third attempt it was a lot closer to 8am so Mr. D and I went with it. Analise usually a really hard one to wake up..upon hearing that Santa was here and the excitement of the other kids caused her to rise quite quickly. I have continued the traditions my mom had of making pajamas for the kids. This year I was a little lazy but they came out pretty cool in photos. As we wait for everyone to get situated you can see the tiredness in everyone plus it's cold. Brrrrrr!
050051
Mercedes is still healing from her emergency C-section so once she sits she doesn't move very often. She stayed the night with us and we were so excited to be able to have her, Nick, and Landon here for our early morning fun.
048
Once all was settled it was time to let the fun begin... ( here are some highlights..way too many gifts to post a photograph for all )
Javier: now he can be warm and play pictionary man with his friends and family...
054066

Dante: Oh man that gun looks like I am going to have to hide when it comes out
059076

Gabe: Hmm looks like a board game theme..and boxing gloves for the fighter
091062

Analise: She really wanted Operation and loves sticker books..
064103

Elly: Helmet and Uno game... Yipee can you see her excitement..okay maybe it was for ripping the paper but still. :)
082056

Nick and Mercedes: A USB key for his Key chain and a Roxy jacket.. Oh yeah!!!
074099

Mr. D and Angel: with a missionary in the field and another married I found myself blow dryerless..a much needed gift. Mr. D is always supporting his team...
101102

The boys favorite part of the morning: It had all three of their names..to avoid any "it's mine" comments. Guess What? They still said it..
069070071

My highlight of the morning:
128129132133

Xandi sent us gifts from Chile and they were pretty neat. I got my favorite footprints poem in Spanish.
111113114117118120121

Then it was off to Mr D's side of the family for lunch and a massive chaos gift opening. Unfortunately this year we have to bail out early so we can call Xandi in Chile. We sang Christmas carols and had a good time with family.
DSC00446DSC00464DSC00461DSC00473

After gifts were distributed it was time to break them open.
DSC00459DSC00476DSC00474

Then it was time to sing and Wish their cousin Joshua a Happy Birthday since he was born on Christmas Day...
DSC00456

Whew!! What a day... It was now time to head home and talk to Xandi. We had only one hour to talk to her and it was the best one hour I have had in a long time. I wondered if I would have anything to say to her since I email with her every Monday but I found myself unable to stop talking. I was sad to say Goodbye but feel really blessed this year to have such an amazing family. I just LOVE them so much... I can't wait till next year when we will all be together again.

“Finding the real joy of the season comes not in the hurrying and the scurrying to get more done or in the purchasing of obligatory gifts, Real joy comes as we show the love and compassion inspired by the Savior of the world, who said, ‘Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these, ye have done it unto me.’” -President Monson (LDS Church)