Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year !!!!

It's New Years Eve and I spent the day preparing for the New Year. I promised myself that I was going to start the New Year off right. So I changed all the sheets, caught up on laundry and cleaned all the rooms in the house. It has been a busy day, yes! The kids played and ran a muck and made huge messes. Did I really think I could have a clean house all day and all night? Well my kids set me straight for sure. I will never think that way again, at least not when I have kids in the house. It's tradition to attend a pajama party on New Years Eve. So I packed all the bags for the kids with all the things they will need like a toothbrush etc... As we are getting ready Elly is running around the house and stops to say her tummy hurts. Here is why I will not win the Mother of the year award. I said "your probably just hungry ( we eat dinner at 5:30 and dinner tonight was at 7) just hang in there." She stood next to me and vomited so much all over the floor. ugh!! Now I am more confused..I am thinking the leftover mashed potatoes we ate for lunch might have been bad and now she has a bit of food poisoning... After an hour or so she seemed fine so we headed out the door to have dinner. Upon arrival at Mr. D's sister's house she puked again, this time we made it into the sink...after awhile she seemed fine again..I mean up and running around and playing with others.. We have a white elephant game we play every year and it is a lot of fun. Landon this year got his own ticket and with a little help from Mr. D was able to point out his gift of choice.
DSC00541

A friend of the family, Lucian was turning 17 and Dante had turned 12 so since the family was already gathered we celebrated their Birthdays as well. Dante got some pretty cool gifts...
DSC00584DSC00581DSC00585DSC00578

Then we all sang Happy Birthday ate cake and Ice cream and prepared for the New Year.
DSC00589

Rodd took a nap and I played Mexican train with the family. It was soo much fun... :) then.... guess what happened? This time Elly vomited all over me...Ewww! Yes!!! At that point it was time to go. Here it was about 11:30 we headed home to get cleaned up and bring in the New year in bed. I realized at this point that Elly caught a stomach flu. So yeah!!! Happy New Year!!! We got home, I cleaned her up, she fell asleep and then we watched the ball drop. Mr.D always has poppers so the kids let those pop. Then it was off to bed..I have a feeling that I will be dealing with the stomach flu all week as it rotates through the family. So clearly I need to get my sleep... Welcome 2010...may it be yet another chance for me to get it right.