Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving numero Uno

Elly is 2 can you believe it!! Where did the time go? Actually I couldn’t remember her being born so close to Thanksgiving. We celebrated with the immediate family (and Spencer of course) on her actual birthday November 24th at Mercedes and Nick’s house. There she got to open presents:
camera download dec 10th 087camera download dec 10th 088Elly's gift openingcamera download dec 10th 094
Although we only let her open one gift at a time. I wanted her to enjoy each gift. Sometimes she needed a little help. Too much tape...
camera download dec 10th 097camera download dec 10th 098camera download dec 10th 099
While we were there we also celebrated Thanksgiving with each other. It was a combo day for everyone. Elly got to eat such a feast and open presents.
camera download dec 10th 101
It was Mercedes first time cooking a turkey and I am sure it didn’t help that is was around 24 pounds…huge... at least for a first time bird. It was nice to head over to her house and play and help her cook and prepare for the meal. It was a fabulous meal. The bird seemed to be done and I stuck it back in the oven to keep warm and I promise I turned the oven off but for some reason the knob magically made itself to the broil end. When the turkey was pulled out it was black.
camera download dec 10th 100
Oh well!! It was still delicious without a doubt. After dinner it was time to sing Happy Birthday to the little Elly. Mr. D made her a Rice Krispy treats cake. The funny thing about that is that although it was a great idea Elly really doesn't like them. I don't think she ate any of it. She was a nut when it came to blowing out her candles though.
camera download dec 10th 104camera download dec 10th 106camera download dec 10th 109
As the big kids cleaned up the little kids were entertained by the iphone.
camera download dec 10th 112

To end our night we watched a Knights Tale. I forgot how much I love that movie...great laughs
Thanksgiving with Mercedes