Saturday, March 13, 2010

Our Last Pinewood Derby..EVER...

Yup we are down to our last boy. It seems a little weird to be almost done with a part of my life that I know so well. Soon I will be getting to know a whole new world of glamour and glitz with my girls. Well at least I won't have far to travel.. I mean after all I do like to shop, wear heels and put on make-up. Tonight was our last Pinewood Derby. Mr. D and Gabe waited till the very last moments to get their car finished. The goal is always to do our best, try to beat some competitive families but mostly not to come in last. Mr. D and Bro. Behling kept the score table in check and got a front row view of the races. Lucky them!!!
various 025

Gabe's car did pretty well. We were excited to see him winning lots of races. He started out very strong but then we had a tire issue and started losing some races. He ended up taking 4th place.. Woo hoo!!!
various 026various 027

It was a great night. There were some competitive moments with other families but we made it through with no hurt feelings. Now that is a night of success in my book. Congratulations to Gabe for doing well on his last Pinewood Derby race. The next time he is in a Pinewood Derby race will be as a father. What a thought:).
various 031various 032

I know Mr. D had a ton of fun and has always looked forward to these nights. This is his 5th race after making cars for three boys. So congrats to him as the proud Daddy.
various 033