Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shakepeare

How does one express the joy they feel when Mr. Super Shy Dante gets on stage and projects his voice in a way we have never seen? Studying Shakespeare has brought out some greatness in all my kids that I could never do. The love we have for our Shakespeare studies is so hard to put into words. It gives a greater understanding of life, literature, scriptures, drama, how to put someone down with words that seem so beautiful. I laughed so hard as I watched both performances. Mr. D and I always love to jump in and create some solid memories for our kids and in this case he (since "we" would cause people to assume I helped, which I didn't) created this fabulous program for the youth to cherish always.
IMG_0001IMG
I think I had as much fun watching the play as he had in making new friendships. The cast party was proof that taking part in a play requires so much time that one can not help themselves in creating such strong friendships. His mentors were awesome and I am truly impressed with their ability to inspire Dante to find his inner actor.

at the cast party we were able to give all the cast and crew members a keepsake version with some very special words from their mentors. Dante Loved his so much...
IMG_0003IMG_0004

But the real star for us was Dante for sure. He accomplished things he thought he would never accomplish. He spent hours memorizing lines this semester and really took himself out of his comfort zone to perform his parts. He did have a little trouble acting like he was madly in love with another character but oh man did he make us laugh.



It truly was an amazing weekend... I can't wait till next year!