Sunday, May 23, 2010

One Step Closer to World Domination

The time is Now.. Where hanging the quotes on the wall mean more then just a bunch of letters put together. According to Buddha " your purpose in life is to find your purpose in life and give your whole heart to it." Javier at 17 has done some great things in life. I sure wish mom was alive to take the credit she deserves. I know she smiles upon him as he comes to a life fork in the road. The verdict is still out on which college he will attend in the fall. True to my moms promise she has come through in many ways to guide and shape his road. I think he is starting to really feel it as he makes one choice and finds himself desiring another. I can't put into words how proud we are of his accomplishments. I fought hard to give him the best leadership education I could find. After all I did promise to continue in my mothers honor and finish what she had already started. The foundation was already set and dried all I had to do was build on it.

Prom? well that is always a question I would get. "If your kids don't go to public school then will they miss out on prom?" Well with Javier that was NOT a problem at all as he was asked to attend not 1 but 2 proms. He worked tons of odd side jobs to get the funds to pay for them. The journey was one he wanted to take himself. He came home one day after going for a fitting for a tuxedo, where he learned that it would cost more to rent a tux on both those nights then to purchase one. He made that decision all on his own. I did feel a little bummed that I didn't get to be too involved but it's different with girls then it is with boys I am noticing. The only time I stepped in is when he came home with his tuxedo and it had 1 out 3 of the buttons on it. He said " the girl said it was suppose to be like that because the vest has buttons." hahahaha!! no way.. one quick phone call and one more trip to the tux shop gave him a great tuxedo. Mr. D will joke and say " Now take care of that tux because you will be getting married in that thing". His first Prom was with Nicole. She is such a sweet young girl.

Here is the thing that I have learned not to like from the boys end. They never take any pictures. So I have very little to go on here. I hear it had a party bus and he had a good time. That day though I was doing a 10 mile walk to the beach an it took much longer then planned so I didn't really get to help him get ready or even see him off. He did call me on my walk to say he was off. I tried to stay up and wait for him but I was knocked out for sure when he arrived home.



Now his second prom was with Marly Davis. I know for sure I can count on her to take pictures. Once again I could not see them off with camera in hand because Dante was performing that night in a Shakespeare play. Thank goodness Marly took tons and even posted them on facebook where I could copy them to have for this blog.. So Enjoy!!!



It seemed like a very fun group to hang out with. I am sure he was so glad that he knew a lot of the people.



Javier should be very proud of himself. He sees an end to all his hard work but really it is just one step closer to his ultimate goal. When one door closes another one opens. Enjoy the journey...cause we don't all have the same one. Enjoying is exactly what I am doing at the moment.