Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mothers Day..

Should I even be writing this post. We all know that I am a big deal in this household and mothers Day proves that every year. In fact Mothers Day is no longer a Day event.. it's a weekend event. Seriously!!! We started out our Saturday Evening eating at a Mediterranean Buffet to celebrate all the Mothers in our family. These are the moments I appreciate more every year. These are moms that have been through it and I fully respect. They all set such good examples to me. I have learned how to be a better grandmother (when I get there officially of course) from Mr. D's mother. It was a fun night to relax and enjoy good conversation and good company. Except I know that it annoys my Mr. D that I am such a picky eater he was just so smart to not admit it. It is who I am after all.. Love it or hate it I am very cautious about food.
5-10-2010 upload 0085-10-2010 upload 0095-10-2010 upload 0105-10-2010 upload 006

Elly to this day talks about how much she loved sitting with grandma and grandpa eating yummy food. We all know grandma likes to feed my kids and they like it when grandma gives them yummy food.
5-10-2010 upload 007

It was a big crowd and it truly took longer to pay the bill then it did to eat the food. No joke!!!
5-10-2010 upload 0035-10-2010 upload 004

On Sunday I was so blessed to watch my primary age kids ( Gabe and Analise) sing to me in church about how much they love their mother. Awww.. it was so sweet and by far one of my top moments.
5-10-2010 upload 025photo.jpg

Then we headed to Lola's house (Mr. D's grandmother) for a quick brunch buffet. She was very happy with our gift to her. She had some really old photos that she wanted framed like the ones I have in my home. That meant that she wanted some dark frames. I was reluctant at first because old photos like that really look better in a different style frame but I found some frames that I liked and they really turned out nice. Mr. D hung them just in time for mothers day and they made for a gorgeous background.
photo.jpg

We couldn't stay long because IT WAS TIME TO TALK TO XANDI AND ACTUALLY HEAR HER VOICE!!! Her 18 month mission to Rancagua, Chile will come to an end on October 18th. That is the most exciting part for me. Time is going by so fast and before we know it we will be picking her up and bringing her home.
5-10-2010 upload 028
We all got a chance to talk to her via Skype but I think my father was the most excited. He was so happy and proud of her I hope she realizes. He is not one to share those emotions but it was very obvious in his actions how happy he was to be talking to her.
5-10-2010 upload 0295-10-2010 upload 030