Monday, May 07, 2012

Key of Liberty class fieldtrip


After a year of teaching such a wonderful group of crazy kids it was time for it all to come to an end. There is no better way to celebrate hard work and accomplishments but with a visit to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, ca.


I have never been without my family so going with all older kids will be a huge culture shock for me. To get a great group rate we invited some older siblings to attend but the split was into 3 groups. The girls, boys and older kids. I stuck it out with the boys since I only a boy in the class. It was so much fun! I don't even know where to begin. They just had to ride all the roller coasters. I don't do well with those in my old age. Tnak goodness there was another boy who felt the same. I had an excuse not to ride. ;0)


They did convince me to ride the big plunge water ride. Little did I know that I would get that soaked!

The boys keep life very interesting. A couple of them started on a search for all the pretty girls in the park. I think they found a few..

Lunch time for me was an opportunity to rest and catch my breathe. I am out of shape I won't lie! But when you hang with this much energy they really make you feel WAY out of shape. it was nice to engage in conversation with some of the older kids. Yes, Dante is older can you believe it?
They boys really were building friendships and enjoying one another.
When boys bond where else would they go but to a gun shop! Gabe is very attracted to the knives I blame Javier for that influence.



Aside from rides we did get to see some of the other sites. We visited the graveyard and tried to find the beating heart. They eventually found it and it sure triggered some talk and smiles.


This group of youth were go go and go until at one point I caught them taking a break. Busted!

The water rides were the biggest favorites. Note to self: change of clothes next time. $5.oo to dry just doesn't seem worth it.



I truly loved the time I got to spend with Gabe one on one. He is a hoot! I love him so much!


We ended the day with show of the wild wild west. It was a very funny stunt show!
I put the wild boys in jail:
and found Snoopy on our way out!
On our way home we stopped to see the view and the boys stretched their legs for a bit.


 All in all it was great day. I missed my family and didn't spend any time in camp snoopy. That was such a weird feeling. I am glad they all had a blast. I am grateful that I had an opportunity to teach them this year and mostly grateful to have Gabe under my wings. I couldn't have asked for a better group of friends for him.