Saturday, September 01, 2012

Snorkeling 101

 Okay I am a scout at heart. I love the activities they do together and my husband as a leader even better. There are more opportunities for me to tag along on some of these grand adventures. I truly wish I could go back into my own scouting years and really take it all more seriously. I may have ended up on a different life road map so on second thought scratch that original thought I like my life as is.

This trip was an early morning scout snorkeling event. We were in search of sharks out in the water off
La Jolla Shores. We started it off with a safety briefing of what's to come.
Time to get into the water and boy was it cold. Yikes!

So cold I am freezing

 Rodd didn't make it all the way up there. He chickened out...actually he didn't like the feeling of being beaten by the water or something like that. It all worked out because there were a few boys who didn't enjoy it at all and headed back to shore pretty immediately. It was a bad day to be out snorkeling because the water was so cloudy. I did see a few schools of fish but no sharks. It was a very fun morning I can't wait till all my kids can travel out together on all these adventures.

Back to shore we go!

Gabe enjoyed it once he got the hang of the breathing with a snorkel.
He was done snorkeling it was time to boogie board..I mean whats a beach trip without a little boogie boarding.



It was really great to spend some one on one time with Gabe. As parents of larger sized families these moments are rare.

It came time to pack up. What a wonderful group of boys to take the scout journey with. 
Moments like this make it so clear that Rodd is an amazing man!

These boys all ROCK!!!! Who cares if that dates me :0)
All in all snorkeling morning was such a fun experience I can't wait to do it again..I vote for a more tropical area with clear water and less waves. Just my  two cents.