Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Adventures can be insane

Woke up yesterday for a day of white water rafting. Everyone is a little bit nervous since none of us have experienced that adventure yet in the states. We will definitely be the ones that fall out fearing for our lives. The morning started out pretty relaxing. We picked up some cereal from the local market and milk for breakfast. $28 a day for breakfast  seemed like a lot which is what our hotel offers. So we pick and choose which days we will eat it and other days it's cereal. We did a conference talk study said our prayers and headed out for the day.
Although this view from the front and the back is pretty amazing!
Our ride picked us up at 9 which is now 7am in the states. I may be waking up at 4am those first few day when we arrive back crazy! It was a 30 minute bus ride. 
We had a blast.

Then it was time for a quick lesson and bam on the water. I'm not sure I even understood the instructions.

we saw some pretty amazing water falls.  
 

we even drank water from these waterfalls.

It was an adventure for sure. one so worth the memories.
 


Javier had the water camera attached to his vest and he threw it in with all the other safety vests so for a bit of time the camera was missing but then it was found. Yay! 

After white water rafting we had a meal on an organic farm. Meat around here is scarce or very expensive. White chicken (which is all I eat) was available at this meal and boy was I excited! We had the traditional beans and rice and I even tried the local yucca root. It was okay...
It started to downpour on the last part of our adventure. 
We're not in San Diego anymore. These rain drops are huge! We get so excited when it rains...as if we come from an area where it doesn't rain ha!
They took us to the sugar cane part of the organic farm. We made sugar cane juice. 
I almost dropped the whole pitcher of sugar water. :/ oops! It was time to drink what we worked hard to make. 
They have something called moonshine. It's vodka made from sugar cane. It's how this farm stays alive. They gave everyone shots and gave us only a little bit of crap for not taking a shot. Not to mention that Dante could have had some. That kid looks like an adult in this country so funny! 
We had a blast rain and all. It was hard work! 
My arms will be sore in the AM I am sure. 
Then again fun with these crazies... so worth the pain later. Cost Rica despite the theft I sure do love the scenery.
We arrived home to some snails on our bed. So cool!
We went to go grab a light dinner before calling it a night. We ate at tacos Serrano which is a burger joint go figure. 
It wasn't long before we were all crashed out! Hahaha not me though! I am a late nighter! and a darn good faker..


Elly struggled with us being gone last night. We got tears and everything. Really broke my heart. Of course skype was being in and out that night ugh! I called in the Calvary and she ended the night on a good note or so I hope. I really miss these guys...love to all.

Today's adventures will include/
Zipline tour
Waterfall rappelling
Horseback riding
Swimming in a waterfall lake 

Wahoooo!!! Long day for sure. stay tuned for all the fun!