Friday, November 01, 2013

Comida,amigos, misionarĂ­ais y templo de Costa Rica

It's a bitter sweet day. This is the day Elder Ortiz will skype with his stake president to get an honorable discharge for service. There will be tears! This is the first of many big changes in the near future. But the time has arrived :(
This is a moment that all parents live for. that moment when you realize you did the best you can do and you get confirmation that they are going to be great in life. Our mom laid the best foundation.
The badge is off! ((((Hugs)))) and officially put into a safe spot...his scriptures!
We continued the morning with breakfast Tico style and headed out to visit some amazing members that have helped set Javier on the successful path he is on. Not to mention got him WAY interested in MMA(mixed martial arts).
They cooked us lunch for a real Tico palate...it was so good and filling! Exactly what I was looking for. 
We sat and chatted and laughed..found out Mauricio works for Amazon! It was sad to leave but all adventures must continue. 

Next stop? The temple of course! I love the reverence that comes with just walking Into those doors. 
You wouldn't know it but it started pouring rain just minutes after this photo was taken. It's beautiful down here..I am definitely coming back someday..


We have dinner plans tonight. I am excited to see more of the country. Our high adventures begin in the AM. Yay! 

For dinner we visited with a family and a family friend who Javier baptized. He was in this area for 7 months. So this really is a family that cared for him. I feel a sense of debt to them for the care they gave Javier. In just a few hours we all fell in love with them. 
He calls her his little sister. (glasses and blue shirt) She is very cute and funny. We laughed so hard. They all pretty much speak English so everyone was involved. My Spanish is getting a whole lot of practice down here. I forgot how much I enjoyed the language. For dinner we had papa johns pizza. It's very different with cheese tasting different too. Javier would write home about this family. He shared with Dante that he found him a girlfriend. It was pretty awkward but funny to listen to the parents convince her that Dante is her soul mate and they should get married. Ha! What do you think?

She will teach him Spanish. ;) it was really funny we laughed the night away with jokes about how they are perfect for each other. 

During that time Javier was able to give service to a neighbor whose car broke down. 
And Dante and I just watched. (He is so tall) 
Upon our arrival home or back at the hotel...we were exhausted. We quickly Skyped with the girls and Gabe.  
And they showed me all Their drawings for the day. I miss them so much and can't wait to hold them again. Elly has awesome photos of various animals 

And Analise too. Check out this school of fish. They are both artist!

They both drew on pumpkins. Analise was proud to show hers off!

Elly was even prouder. I love my babies!
Gabe is amazing and taking in so much responsibility. We worry about our family often but are so grateful for all the support they get back home. Sorry if we fell asleep before skyping with additional family members..on to our next adventure