Saturday, July 25, 2015

Family time!

Well it's time to help Tess prepare for Lola's 100th birthday celebration! These were at Michaels and totally the color she wanted just not sure they are elegant enough. They were on sale and cheap so that's a bonus right? 
Kitty and I went for our morning run. We got a late start and it ended up being pretty Hot. By the look of her tongue hang I would say that kitty will probably sleep the rest of the day. Pure exhaustion! 
As we were climbing a hill I thought about life and how some of the roads we take in life really can be hard to climb and may contain lots of rocks to slow us down or trip us up. Out of all the roads in life that we may tackle there is something to the knowledge we gain we travel down a difficult path. So for me I hope one of the roads is always a dirt path. ;) 
It's been months but Rodd and I finally finished our taxes. The sad part is that the money is already spent to finish our backyard. 
Speaking of our backyard...it's still under construction. The steps are going in on the deck. 
I'm excited that Rodd is going to round it off to follow the curve of the cement. It's going to be a masterpiece! 
We opted to go with a trex top. Low maintenance over time (since we all know how lazy this family can be, okay well mostly me). I haven't found a color I can't live without but I did find a color I like. 
When Rodd is working outside he likes us to all be outside even if he doesn't need our help. The kids played games and tonight we even ate dinner outside. It was awesome minus the Gabe attitude of course. 
Every now and then Gabe would win and have a screaming moment with a little dance. 
Who needs a deck top? The kids have fun balancing on the beams. 
Gabe is in a dancing mode tonight. I even caught him on kitty's booty!
Keanu is still alive..yes he is. He even speaks to me and I understand him. That's probably the weirdest part to understand. 
Like here he is saying that he is hungry. 
Kitty must have found something at the bottom of the deck. She is very motivated to get to it. 
All in all the day was spent with family and outside. We had some quarrels and some frustration but overall there is no one else I would have wanted to spend my day with. I love them all!