Saturday, November 14, 2015

Soccer season closes

Whoa, it's Saturday already? Yup, we woke up with our first soccer game at 9am. Elly brought home the win. She is pretty amazing!

We went home and then back to the field for an 11am game. Guess what? Elly scored and brought home the win. 

Elly had a team party at my favorite Greek joint Vicktors cafe for lunch. One of the players parents on the team owns the restaurant. 
Analise had a game at the same time. She is a pretty amazing goalie and was successful in keeping the other team from scoring. These girls never cease to amaze me with all their soccer skills. Analise has some awesome ball handling skills. This was her final game for the tournament and as a team captain she lead the charge. (Blurry, but Analise is in the orange penny since she was the goalie) 
Then it was back to a 2:15 Game for Elly. This is where it gets shady. Elly's team was undefeated, strong and should have taken the title. Elly just couldn't get a score in and it came down to penalty kicks for a win. 
But unfortunately our team couldn't pull through and we took our first loss. Secretly though I think Elly would have blocked those balls if she was the goalie. But oh well we have a loss under our belt and didn't make it to the final round. Boo! 
This girl is a beast on the field and one of the best players in the league. It was an awesome season for both my girls. 
Elly had a team parent that put together a collage of photos and it was awesome
With our trophy the season comes to an official end.
Although Elly now starts up with an all-star team. Stay tuned to see how that goes.
Guess who got a job? 
Rubios is his new stomping ground and today was his first day. Except as I was grocery shopping I got a call from his manager who was not happy wondering where he was. Hmmm...guess he was suppose to be there at 4 and he got there at 5:30. Probably not the best work ethic going on here but we are a work in progress. There is a learning curve about to hit.
Rodd and I got a redbox movie only to find out we never grabbed the movie. We rented it and walked away. We are getting old! Who does that? Team Deguzman does! 

So Netflix is our friend tonight. Gabe is off with friends enjoying their manly moments. Rodd and I will close the night with some cuddles ;) 

I must say Lexie and I are bonding over photos. When she is a teenager I hope she reads these and realizes that she stole a part of my heart. Love me some Lexie! 
Sure wish some of my favorite boys lived closer to me. I get to follow their life on Facebook. It's not as fun. But they are so handsome. They have the sweetest voices even when they are cracking up. Missing so many family members tonight.