Wednesday, July 29, 2009

TOO MUCH SAND???

Can you really get too much sand?




In theory I would say No Way!! The kids and I have been running from one beach to the next and pools are thrown in their along the journey as well. The kids are all soo dark I seriously am contemplating carrying the long version of their birth certificates just to prove I am mom ( well to some of them ;-))It really has gotten to the point that it looks like I adopted them. As it has been proven at this weeks Family home evening at the Beach, Gabe can sometimes get enough sand and sun.

604929627_img_2728 604930790_img_2731 604945578_img_2775 604960667_img_2821

He had a little episode Monday night at Moonlight Beach. As we arrived he started to pale out and had a fainting spell and when he came too he just talked about how weak he felt. The Lifeguards were super fast at responding and the paramedics were on site in just a matter of minutes. Props to their Emergency response team. Should this have been a true emergency I would have been satisfied with the response. No worries though it was another hydration issue. One of many in this household. He got clearance from his doctor to return back to the beach with a promise of getting him checked in the morning. We all had a blast at the beach it was just one of those days. The water was super warm.

I had just convinced Elly that she really wanted to experience the water and it really wasn't that scary. Dante and Gabe were in next to us and we were talking when I turned around to see a very large wave bang against me and then I was tumbling holding on to Elly so tight. Needless to say that she never went back anywhere near the water again. The wave just hit in the right spot to knock me off my feet. Sorry Elly!!!604933060_img_2736

We will stick with the pool for you. That is her favorite part of her days. She just sits and floats... yeah right she is a monster in the water. She jumps whether someone is there or not. No fear!!!:
604054118_cimg3960

We spent the evening cooking food on the beach and having some good wholesome fun with many families that we adore and Love. I would do it again!! In fact we will be back in two weeks for our final day at the beach for FHE. The adventure awaits till next time.


568307213_img_0753 568303043_img_0741 568306957_img_0752 568295682_img_0719 604940734_img_2760