As you can all see Hermana Ortiz is feeling a little mail deprived. I can tell this photo was taken in the MTC but she printed it and sent it our way. Hint Hint Hint ;-) She loves to get letters as any missionary does. We have truly enjoyed her letters. It is an exciting day in this house when we get the mail and see a letter from her. We stop what we are doing and take in all the information that she took the time to write. What a different life and a different girl. We love sending her photos from our days and now we are able to email her photos and videos from our household to give her a taste of home. For Those who don't know how to use the church pouch system or the regulations that have been mandated here is her address:Hermana Alexandria Lynn Ortiz
It´s me! I hope you guessed right. otherwise I´ll be sad.
So we had an interesting experience last night. We have 2 new converts, Daniel and Ester. And lately we´ve been teaching their family the lessons. Well the dad, Fernando, agreed to come to church with us if we went to his church once. His id the Evangelist Church and let me just tell it freaked me out. The Pastor stood up front and was pretty much yelling the whole time at everyone. During his yelling session (that I really couldn´t understand a whole lot) a few of the 20 people in the congregation would randomly yell "Gloria, Jesus!" or "Hosanna!" or just random things like that. Then he asked all those who wanted to to come up to the wooden bar at the front and kneel while he yelled a prayer. During the prayer everyone was moaning and saying things that I couldn´t make out. It was like a cemetary in a horror movie. I was kinda creeped out! Then there was a bunch of sitting, standing and praising and yelling, then sitting again. The cool part was when the church choir started to sing. They were really good. And loud. There was probably 15ish of them but they were good. Until one lady randomly started sobbing and dancing. That was strange. At one point there was a box where people go up and put money in it. Really the whole thing was pretty...different. But he promised to come next week to church with us. Quite the experience. My companion later said that he was yelling for about 2 hours and he didn´t teach anything. Interesting...
So I got a letter from one of my MTC companions and she said that my busload of people were the last ones to leave the MTC before people were held back due to swine Flu. There was even a bus that was supposed to leave an hour after us and they had to stay and extra two weeks. Phew!
I made a new goal this week: In my mission I want to baptize at least one Athiest and one Jehovah´s witness. We´ve come accross both and they aren´t very nice (I think it´s cuz they aren´t happy) so I want to convert them :) What do you think?
AHHH!!!!! I weighed my self last week and almost cried. 64 kilos! Translated that equals 141 pounds! My goal is to get to 60 kilos by the end of this transfer. Blah!
So Carolina accepted a baptism date this week. It´s set for the 8 of August and hopefully she won´t change it again. She´s in our prayers everyday so with His help she´ll be ok. She is really super shy so she wants to keep it small and private. It´s kinda cute :) The only problem we have with Boris is that he wants to have something nice when he gets married so he changed his baptism date from July 26th to August 9th. We´re doing the best we can with him :/
I love you all!!!! You guys are so awesome!!!! I love love love the videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you guys mucho :D
Love always
Xandi
We sent this video to Xandi today:
