Happy Birthday from afar. As Nani serves an 18 month mission in Rancagua, Chile she misses out on a family Christmas and a celebration with family on her 22nd birthday. If we look at the big picture that is nothing in exchange for what she is gaining from her experience and the love and family she has created with other members of the church and even her companions. She said it herself " I will have trouble leaving to go home because this has become a home to me too." I am so excited to hear how well she is being taken care of. We are blessed to have the experiences we have in our lives but we do miss her dearly and can't wait for her arrival home. We fed dinner to the missionaries here serving in our home ward in hopes that on her special day someone is feeding her a hearty meal as well.

According to her letter this is what she did on her special day:
"My birthday was so much fun. We had "
Family Home Evening" with a few investigators and members of the ward. The investigator decorated her house, cooked a ton of food, bought a cake. My companion and I taught a lesson on service and then we did cake and gifts. I got a cute pink shirt, some slippers, 2 cans of root beer, and lots of chocolate. Then we came home to plan and change and went downstairs to the Wengreen`s (formerly the Mason`s) and had a little dessert. Time flies so fast. A year ago I opened my mission call..."

Elder Brantley once said
|
"If you are not on the way to become the person you want to be, then you are on the way to become a person you do not want to be."
We honestly know that Nani is on her way to being the best she can be and though along the road there will be struggles and tempting moments this experience will help her to understand her sole mission in life, I know it has helped my life tremendously and I Love it dearly...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANI WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! I HOPE YOU CAN FEEL OUR LOVE ON THIS VERY SPECIAL DAY...

|