Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gabe 11 years old..WHAT..REALLY!

Please wake me up from this dream. Where have the years gone? My little boy whom I wanted to have so bad is turning 11. Gabe came into my life and though at the time it seemed hard, he held me together. I loved him so much and we had such a sweet bond that grew as the years went by. His first year of life was spent sleeping on my chest and even now when I look at him I can still feel the same flood of emotions run through my body as if I am seeing him for the very first time. There is nothing more in the world I have ever wanted but to have a son to call my own. 11 years later I stop and say " Did I sign up for this?" but again I can't help but to remember the happiness he has brought me today and over the years. I have protected and cuddled him for so long and now he is growing up and wanting to spread his wings more. He makes me laugh like no other and the boy can tell a story if your willing to listen.
various 119
Well with the older boys (Javier and Dante) off having a good 'ole time in Catalina Gabe wanted to have his own good time at Legoland. So for his birthday we headed out to a day at Legoland. It was an adventure I was looking forward too. I bet he was thinking of the fun he would have being the only boy in the group. He would get all of Daddy's time next to the girls of course.
various 117various 111various 120

We had a great time riding the rides and checking out the many fun spots they have in the park. Elly was just the right height and got to ride most of the rides with us. Sometimes I think the girls enjoyed it more.
various 110various 112various 113

This was the first time we didn't stay till the park closed. The big and small boy were so tired...just trying to point out that us girls lasted longer should there have been a race.
various 129various 132

Dipping dots are a favorite of Gabe's... so whats a birthday without them right? or at least that's how he sold us on the idea.
various 122

The Celebration was complete when the family gathered for a dinner in his honor. We like to keep things simple so we had a combo celebration dinner with Cez's (sister-in-law) father. The family gathered for some good food and yummy cake. Thank you Bong and Cez for opening up your home to us and providing such wonderful treats...
various 142
It came time to sing to the Birthday dudes.
various 140various 148
Gabe got his own set of candles to blow out...with only a little help from his little sister..
various 149

Oh but the best time of the night was the gift opening and he will tell you that himself. He was saving up money for a huge transformer set that cost more then I am willing to spend. He knew that his family, Aunties and Uncles would come through. Although he did have a little trouble reading some peoples handwriting.. hehehehe!!
various 151

He reached his goal and bought his transformer..


We had the best time together as family but for me it was kind of a moment where I reflected on the love that has grown in my family. I am so proud of Gabe and I have so much faith in him and love this journey he is taking me on. I just hope it stays paved because the rocky roads are difficult to walk on... Happy 11th Birthday to one of the many Loves in my life, always remember that "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."