We had to practically run to check our bags in to catch our flight to LAX. Stupid security is a real time killer. Note to all: don't wear socks with no shoes in the airport. They will hold you up and do a pat down search. Just in case you were wondering.
We made our flight and are headed to LAX. Rodd (Mr. D is no longer..don't ask) and the kids are meeting us there to surprise Nani. She thinks we are renting a car and driving down to San Diego.
When we arrived I got a text message from Rodd that we had to stall cause they were stuck in traffic. So as Javier and I rack our brains we turn into tourists and start taking photos everywhere. The funny part is that I don't think Xandi suspected a thing.


I am just going to say that stalling is not something Javier and I are good at. We walked towards the baggage claim thinking it was farther away but we got to it pretty fast. Then we had to act slow and tired and pause to rest a lot. If Nani had no idea I would be shocked because we were really starting to act weird. Then the time came where all the kids pulled up to the curb unloaded from the car and ran in to greet Nani. She turned around and said " I knew something was going on! you guys were acting all weird" hehehe! I really enjoyed watching from afar as my whole family once again is reunited even stronger than before. The signs were pretty cool too!





My favorite moment: Nani got to meet her nephew Landon for the very first time!


oh and Dante is very proud to announce that he is taller than Xandi.


and Elly is much bigger and talks a lot more then when Nani left.

It was nice to have some more burly men to help with these massive bags that Nani brought home.

we all waited for our ride:
We were all very excited to be reunited on the same soil once again.

It was time to start walking to the car that Rodd ended up parking. With such a large group the rule is: hurry and keep up with the group or you may get left behind. A lesson learned by Javier many times in his life.

We continued on the road to meet with President Sabin from our stake. There is where Xandi would be released from her duties as a full time missionary and where she will be given advice and counsel to help her adjust to her new lifestyle. Like I said before nothing goes as planned. He was running late so we were entertained by Landon's new ability to crawl. He was happy to show off for us..


We waited and waited....

and then it came time to pull the name tag off. It was a precious moment.
We as a family are so proud of the example that Xandi has shown us. Not only did she complete a full 18 month mission but she never once complained. That is a huge asset in my eyes. I hope, just hope, that one day I can live up to her sacrifice. I missed her so much and sometimes time heals wounds but mostly time helps you forget and you're left only to remember the good. I am a big sister again in my life and although I will always stand guard and give guidance my love is never ending. I am so proud of all the kids that have come out of this household. I hope to stand one day and say " I don't know how I did it. I just did the best I can and then they carried me"

But for now it's off to Pat and Oscars for dinner. Some foods you just can't get in Chile.. ;)