We have family in town from Spain so it was another opportunity for them to see the serenity that exists in some places around our busy lives. The girls had a blast with their cousins. We really should try to get together more often! They danced, sang call me maybe over and over...I might really dislike the song now and they even rock climbed on the walls made out of rock. Oh man! They do know how to entertain.
Our drive up was long. Have I ever mentioned that I should never trust a GPS. That is one lesson that needs to be learned over and over again. We ended up taking the long way there. When I say LONG I really mean long. All I heard is "Are we there yet." or maybe it was all the pent up sugar energy from lunch. Since we were traveling through Temecula we decided to stop at the Rootbeer Company and eat some grub at some WAY overpriced hamburger stand. It was the experience... now dinner was a whole new story. Who knew that good 'ole spaghetti could taste so good!
After dinner it was time for some apples to apples game time. The girls are in love with this game. They just couldn't get enough. First thing in the morning all I heard was "Wanna play?"
The Night or sleeping quarters was the most interesting. I brought my aero bed to sleep in but poor Nani ended up on the sofa and that thing just screams backache. Like camping this was a toss and turn night. For some reason I never sleep well without Rodd....Oh did you miss that..Rodd ditched the activity to go to work. what a concept Work over play...who raised him. :0) I continued my running up there even though some family members were balking at the idea. It was only a mile back to the cabin from the center of town. Truth is it's all uphill and I damaged my Shins yikes right? Shin splints are a runners nightmare maybe I am destined to stick with walking....nah!
Breakfast was very diverse. We had Cinnamon rolls, croissants with chocolate in the middle, scrambled eggs and an array of snacks. A dieters nightmare! just sayin!
After a quick clean up and a quick pack job to head home we played around in the back. Great moments for photos. My girls have since stated that they hate taking pictures everywhere...hmmm...
I always tend to remember after a family outing that we are a lot like branches on a tree. We all grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.













