Eating with your hands is a whole new concept. First off no photos allowed when we are eating like the animals we were born as. Just for our family memories I snapped a few. It was worth the lecturer from Andrew. He corrected me stating that the evite stated no pictures during dinner. Oh well good thing I don't read those evites. Plus it's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission. I can't even list the foods because I have no idea what they all were..shrimp, tilapia, rice which we ran out of and lots of other stuff.
Rodd always leaves it very interesting for us family members who just can't find it in them to eat fish in this style. ewww!!
The best part was seeing family members come out of the woodwork. People traveled from everywhere to wish Andrew a Happy Birthday and visit with Auntie Minda and Uncle Cesario.
Our birthday gang got the traditional cake and gift opening ceremony. Of, course I could never give a simple cash gift. Money is so boring but the container it comes in doesn't have to be.
I never thought we had a large family but moments like this make me realize WOW!!!! It's a blessing and a curse all at the same time. ;0) I am so partied out.. feeling very lazy.
As the night came to a close my kids sang this song all the way home.