Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It'ss D-day next stop Costa Rica!

Its that time of the year where all missions must come to an end. My dear Elder Ortiz is down to his last few hours of time in the mish. As he prepares diligently on his own we are running around!
Got our rental car...check! 
Our kids schedule planned and organized...check!

Flight is on time LAX to Atlanta then off to Costa Rica yay!

As we were packing I realized I forgot to get our almost released Javo a pair of swim shorts. So off on a search for some.
We got our shopping list in hand. Who knew swim shorts would be so hard to find here in San Diego. The very last store is where we finally found some. Phew! I was exhausted! 

Alarm clocks blared at 3am as we finished last minute packing items and headed out the door to LAX. This is how I feel too! Wish I could sleep anywhere. 
Checked in..so tired..
Caught our first end of the flight to Atlanta. 
My bum started to go numb. My legs are too short to reach the ground and we had to walk by the first class..sheesh those people are spoiled!
snacks made the trip okay:

Off the plane we go to enter one of the busiest airports in the world yay! I love crowds..
and Rodd is sporting the most awesome pillow..my girls will will love it. 
It's 12:30 at home and my stomach knows it but here it's almost dinner time. We grabbed a light lunch since dinner will be on the plane tonight. 
The lay over wasn't bad. Especially when you have some technology to entertain yourself with. Like I did.
Catching our last leg here in Atlanta. 
waiting for take off is never fun. These planes are cramped. Dante got the window seat on this leg of the trip.
 The food was blah on that plane. 

The movie was rated R...(the way way back..never heard of it)

but we had a beautiful sunset.

The choice activity was sleep:

Next stop Costa Rica where we will have a driver waiting for us unless we are delayed then we are walking :0)!
We survived immigration and customs...
Found our room..walked down the street to catch some real food for dinner.
 I loved the sweet moments we got to spend with Dante. We hardly get his attention one on one.
The food was okay definitely different from the Mexican food I'm used too.
the Horchata tasted different too.
Time to close for the night. Skyped with my babies
boy do I miss home. This is my home away from home for now.
Till our adventures tom.