Friday, July 10, 2015

Happy anniversary and it's a birthday to remember

It's my mom's birthday! Gosh she was a pretty amazing woman and I don't think she knew or realized it when she was on earth. I sure hope she sees all the greatness she has put her hands into. I miss her everyday and some days I miss her even more. I have so much to learn still but I'm finding my own way in life. I'm just not doing it alone. 14 years ago Rodd married me willingly. Ha! I'm not the easiest to get along with and I'm very impatient and opinionated. But hey, he loves me anyways! Who else would he want to be with? Even with my flaws I'm a catch. ;) this is the first time we didn't do something for our anniversary. He was off with the boys having his own adventure. This time their high adventure trip conflicted with our wedding anniversary. I do love how these trips really create strong bonds between the boys. So in a sense it was worth the sacrifice. I wasn't going to do nothing on my anniversary so the girls and I set off on our own adventure.
We rode the trolley to the gaslamp district
Well it's a mad house down there for the annual comic-con. We saw the grilled cheese truck that was on my list to try. So we ordered and waited such a long time for our food. It seemed like forever. We found a curb kinda in the shade and enjoyed the costumes that passed us. 
The food finally arrived and it was pretty good. Totally worth trying but probably the most expensive grilled cheese sandwich on the market. 
There was a lot of walking. We went into the nerds HQ 2015 
looked at all the booths and used the restroom that wasn't a porta potty yay! It's the little things that got us excited. We rested were we could. 
Coke had a personalization machine there. So the girls and I had some fun making some gifts. Elly covered Rodd and grandma Cion who always says they never have her name.
Analise did Panda which somehow became a name for Rodd, and of course her name which is hard to find. 
Of course for my anniversary I made one for the most awesome couple around! 

It was so fun. Then we were off to another part of the comic con outdoor adventure.

We got free ice cream for this picture above. It wasn't very good but oh well. Did you know there will be a sharknado 3. I haven't even seen 2 since the first one was so bad.
Not to mention the end of the world preachers were there alongside the LGBT  of the area. It was a little drama feeling. 

We found snoopy's home. Did you know he has a huge slide. ;) 

We found Gotham city and got a photo of our adventure. Except that was the whole adventure wait in line for a photo.

Elly was transformed into a bunny. We got a costume to blend in with the crowds.


We saw blood spewing out of some demon looking creature. When the girls pushed down on the sword the blood would spew up like a fountain. We just kept thinking the boys would have loved this.
We found lego raptors and it's not legoland. We are big Jurassic world fans, mostly for Dante.

The exhibit halls were pretty cool. They had free slurpees that we of course took advantage of right after we became our own flavor.

Analise found a jousting section. She didn't know what it was so we figured we would learn first hand. The girls went head to head.

It was a battle

And in the end a winner was declared.

It was a grueling 30 seconds but Elly went down first. I think size matters in this competition.

This was a cool exhibit of things I probably should know but I don't because I'm not the ideal comic con candidate.

Oh my did you guys know that a bunny can control the raptors too? Wait, nah that's Analise.

We headed back to the nerds HQ building.

We saw the battlefront exhibit. 

And headed back to the gaslamp district to connect with Tess and company for dinner. Oh the people we saw.

The crowds were ridiculous.

But you can't deny the beauty of San Diego. We are pretty lucky to live here and be able to have these crazy adventures together.

I love this crazy bunny

The inside closed at 7pm and oh boy did the crowds start coming out in mass quantities. It was crazy to watch.

Tess gave Elly a treat. I said smile when I took the picture. Oops!

Okay here is where the bad parenting entered. We went to eat here.

It's a pretty well known establishment of rude service. Rodd and I wanted to try it awhile back but it's really isn't our kind of food so we never did. Tess can be a little dirty sometimes ha!

When I saw this shirt hanging I should have known what this dinner was going to be like.

I got this hat put on my head. I'm mexican, I will cut grass for beer. Hmmmm. 

They handed out balloons and it was pretty obvious that they value their name dicks a little too much.

Oh did I mention I ran into this pretty lady.

Then they came around and passed around condoms. Yup definitely not a place to take kids too. Good thing I'm open about sex because this was crazy. Elly thought the balloon looked like Mickey Mouse until I clarified and totally burst her bubble.

Not to mention how disgusting this place is. People throw their trash on the floor...seriously I think I'm just to old for this kind of joint.

It was a short trolley ride back to the car. We missed the boys and I totally missed Rodd. My dinner experience is proof that I'm not meant to parent alone. Pretty sure Rodd would have said no to this joint. Oh well...lesson learned!

It was a great way to spend my anniversary. With those I hold near and dear to my hearts. Rodd and I have had a turbulent relationship but we are in it for the long haul. I love him dearly and am excited for what the next year will bring us. Our adventures are amazing to say the least. Happy anniversary to the one person I promised to love through it all.