Wednesday, August 05, 2015

No girls for a day

I'm a working mom. :/ I'm a little excited though. The girls were invited to have a play date with the Navarrette family in Carlsbad. Analise is always so excited to hang out with Jacqui and Elly just likes to be with Analise everywhere. It's a win win when they both get invited somewhere. Well, while they are gone I'm off to work. But I had to take a moment to share my grande lashes. DeAnna Krause convinced me to not get fake lashes and just use this growth serum to make my existing lashes get longer. After 3 days I can totally see the difference. My lashes are longer and getting thicker. Love them and I'm only getting a little vain in my old age. 
I took a position (director of community relations & groups) with urban jungle as they are expanding and growing by opening another location in Rancho Bernardo. So I spent the day trying to finish building a homeschool PE curriculum. I'm having fun so far. 
So onto my spare time. It's seems to be spent in the yard all the time. My goal this week is to get rid of all this brick. 
This was a total blast from my past. We got these from a BSA fundraiser. The scouts (Javier) would hang flags from these poles on all the major flag holidays. It was hard work. Alas these too must leave my yard. 
This used to be our firepit. It was a lot of fun over the years but it has served it's purpose. 
Now we have this. We are growing up in the firepit choices. 
As I sit on this awesome deck I can't help but too really enjoy the view. 
Kitty even enjoys it. 
I'm still trying to finish the firepit area. It's almost there. I found this awesome clock that goes really well with the space. 
It's time to go get my girls from their play date. We met them at noodles & company for dinner. It was fun to chat and hear about their day. Analise had a bit of a problem with her friend Jacqui. So far all I got was that her feelings were hurt. Are we entering the hard stage of those young adult years? My baby is growing up way too fast. Although I did tell her on the bright side we now have a hobby lobby close to us and we found out they are building a Winco right next door. Can we get our hands in the air as we shout hooray! Super excited here! 
We even got a heater for outside. Crazy considering it's so hot lately but we do get some pretty cold nights during the winter months. Thanks to Dzen and Evan! They totally passed it on to us from their yard since they couldn't use it with their patio. Whoo hoo! 
It even has a light! How awesome is that? 
Elly worked hard on a letter to Brock Benion. 
She really feels a special bond with him. They met at Javo's wedding and life has never been better in her eyes when she sees Brock. 
Our night ended with Rodd and I relaxing by our new heater and dreaming about what we will do in the yard. Then we watched Big Brother 17 with the girls. I think it's funny that they are totally into that show. Night night world!