Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Date nights are my favorite part of the week.

IIt's Tuesday! For me that's a reason for excitement since I get to have a date night with my man. Yup I get to have his attention for a whole hour or maybe two. We are still on backyard mode so we headed to restaurant depot to get a plastic bin that we can use as a sink for my potting bench. As we shopped we came across some good stuff. 
The things we could make with that much Nutella. Holy cow! I'm gaining weight just looking at it. We had Thai for dinner and it was so good. It's been awhile and I totally forgot how much I love Thai food. I think the company I had hosed to make it better. Aww! I know but I must say Rodd has been so distracted by the deck building process that it's so nice to have him out of deck mode and in husband mode. Since we did some shopping we stopped at home to drop all the stuff off and headed north to lowes to buy a chicken coop. Yup I got this bad boy! 
Well since we stopped at home Elly wanted to join us. We can never say no to our kids. That's so going to hurt us down the road I just know it. She saved all her funds and did extra chores to earn money for this. 
When we went to pay for it she pulled out her dollar bills and then a handful of change. It was so awesome to witness her excitement as she realized this was her hard earned cash and it's leaving for a doll chair. 
I loved watching Rodd and Elly interact with each other. It warms my heart to witness moments like this. She really is a daddy's little girl. For now we are enjoying that she actually wants to hangout with us. 
When we got home I realized that my zuchinni has been a little limp in this heat and I wanted to make sure it wasn't because of a Pest. Well my leaves are looking like they are being eaten by something. Plus we have Mosquitos. Gasp! I hate those things. 
We ended the night looking for a bad bug in my plants. Turns out they are wilting because of the heat not because of a bug. That's the good news. So now all I gotta do is keep them alive as we figure out the sprinkler system. All in a day's work.