Monday, August 03, 2015

I love beaches

It's FHE time at the beach. These are my favorite days of the summer. After a very long day at the beach we need some real nutrients. Hot dogs and pizza just don't cut it for us. When I woke up my first thought was I need to create a dinner. So after some thoughts and searching for something easy this is what we are going to tackle. So off to the store I go to buy the necessary ingredients. 
We were meeting RuthAnn Nixon on the beach. When we arrived we saw their name on the lifeguard station. Haha! Too funny..had to grab a photo of that. 
Anise brought her friend Jacqui to the beach with us. When we say we spend all day at the beach we totally mean it. We got there around 1, which is late for us, and we left around 9pm. 
Gabe was so excited to share his new game with others at the beach. 
He spent a lot of money on this spike ball game and the kids had a blast. After we all were done hanging out on the beach we headed up to the firepit area. After the girls showered and got all the sand off their butts they were ready to play in their beach sweats. After all the years we are completely prepared for the beach. The girls and I have a routine. 
Rodd cooked dinner and it turned out great. Definitely gotta add that to our list of beach meals. We hung out and watched the sunset. It was beautiful as always. 
The boys played spike ball the whole time pretty much. Till they couldn't se each other anymore. 
They acquired quite the audience as well. It was a day well spent. Calm, bonding and fun. Now the clean up that won't be as much fun.