Friday, August 07, 2015

Spain has arrived....

Family is in town and Lola is turning 100 on Sunday. Life is grand right now in the deGuzman household. We started the morning off at the dentist.
Gabe needed a panoramic X-ray so we can see his wisdom teeth growth. Turns out he's going to need surgery to remove those bad boys. 
The girls were told that they have no cavities yay! But they gotta start brushing better. Elly got a b++ on her brushing skills. Analise doesn't brush in the AM..WHAT! I know. This dentist office is like a therapy session. The secrets they spill. 
So I always see a friend of a friend post these yummy treats for sale on Facebook, and I'm always so tempted. Today I got pulled in and for $18 I made one of these boxes my friend. Except they are the size of a mini muffin if not smaller. They looked a lot bigger in the picture. I never had a macaroon before nor a French one as these are called. They were pretty good though I must say. Definitely not $18 good though. 
Our dogs needed a good washing. I just don't have the ability to spend $80 to have them professionally washed. I mean it's just a wash and they don't have enough hair to trim or anything. So that price seems a little high for a bath. So off to the pet store to buy a good shampoo brush for $6 to wash them ourselves. On our way out I realized I need to get my dogs up to date on vaccines. Well my kids too but one problem at a time please. 

My cousin Jessica is getting married in like 8 days. She got her wedding rings tattooed on their fingers...seriously it's a thing. Talk about making it a permanent change in your life. Nothing says forever like a tattoo. Although some good bling can help too in my book. I don't have the guts for a tattoo but a good diamond will make my heart sing ;) bummed I can't make her wedding but super stoked that she found love in the right place. 

It's official summer is almost over. I got the school calendar for the next year. Sad day when it really hits that this chaos of a summer must come to an end soon. Seriously though my girls don't go to sleep till midnight. Some nights I fall asleep before them. That's when I know I'm getting too old in this world. 

Okay sometimes when I know I have to attend a family event where there may be conflict with another I just totally think of this quote. I feel this way more times then I should. 

We are off to Tess's house to visit with family members who came into town for Lola's big birthday event. We gathered for dinner and sat around the fire. We taught them all what a woofum is. Sharing our family traditions with others. So fun! 
So were they good you may ask? 
Why yes! way better than a marshmallow for sure! 

Kitty even joined us. She gets all the attention being all big and all. I get called fat she gets love. That seems a little backwards. Just saying! I took a moment to show her love. She never gets to climb  on my shoulders so this is a good day for her. 
She even got to climb on ceasar's shoulders. 
It was a good night. We got the usual sex jokes from Dzen. Rodd piped in with a few comments. Everyone chuckled out of awkwardness and that pretty much sums up our family. No drama! Just laughs! Time to buckle down and finish the planning we got a big 100 years to celebrate! I can't wait. I love a good party like I love a good drama scene. 
Till tomorrow night. ❤️