Thursday, October 22, 2015

Boise day 5 is bringing hope for a baby...

Okay I cried myself to sleep. I got locked out of my phone and now have lost over 4000 photos from this year. I'm so sad to think about it. I spent the morning restoring my phone and starting all over. I blame myself but Elly for killing my phone and disabling the fingerprint access. I feel like I'm being hit with one trial after another. Oh well, time to move on. Sometimes it's good to move forward with a clean slate. All those bad conversations and bad photos are gone forever.. 
Yes! Yes! Yes! Guess what world? We are having a baby today, well at least in the next 24 hours. I woke up to Xandi who just broke her water at like 6:25 am. Water gushing every where. My excitement I can't stand it. The idea that I get to meet this little darling soon boy or girl. I already love baby Warren! Xandi called to let the hospital and midwife know that she broke her water but she wasn't really having contractions, so I convinced  her not to go in. Thank goodness Mercedes validated me. So we all hung out and laughed and told stories and well surfed social media. What else is there? 
Puppy did entertain us as she caught a fly and hunted it before she ate it. Can you see that poor innocent fly she attacked,licked, pawed at and then waited for it to die. 
So to pass the time and wait for true labor to kick in we took Nani to get her hair done. A girl can't be too pretty for the birth of her first baby! 
She loved the pampering while she was having some contractions. 
The girls are with us too, of course. So here is proof that Analise is serious about getting her assignments done. 
Since my phone has zero photos we took a few together. I was told today that Analise and I look like each other. If only I had her sweet awesome personality. 
Well,hair done! Check this momma to be out. She is sporting her excitement too. 
We headed across the street to a Halloween store since Analise still needs a costume for the big candy day. She chose this one out. 
We walked the mall and watched as the contractions started to get a bit stronger. We had lunch at Zupas (my favorite). 
Today was their grand opening. Yay! For good food. Contractions got bigger and stronger during our time there. Hello, active labor! 
We headed home and turned on the movie Hitch. Another favorite for sure. The contractions continued about 5 minutes apart lasting for about 35-45 seconds. 
While James and Nani went for a walk to try and progress labor along the girls and I hung out. 
We made a head worm. Ha! It was Analise's idea. Elly was shooting the nerf  gun. That is a favorite thing to do here. Especially since you can't do much or else it will disturb the downstairs neighbor. 
Xandi has been progressing nicely today. It's a for sure deal that we will be meeting baby Warren today. 
Her contractions have gotten stronger and I have witnessed the strength of this lady with each contraction. She is pretty amazing and strong. After watching her and hearing her complain about pressure and the desire to vomit (signs of transition) we thought maybe it was time to mobilize. So off to the hospital we go. 
We dropped them off and parked the car. And walked to the labor and delivery floor. (2nd floor St. Luke's hospital) 
Xandi was 8cm dialated. We may have gone to the hospital a little early but she was comfortable there and so it worked.
She got checked in and settled into a delivery room. She is handling these contractions like a pro. 
They gave her the option of laboring in the bathtub and how could she pass up that opportunity. She got some relief but those contractions were strong. Plus she got a little over-heated in that water. 
So she made her way back to the bed too cool down. She felt like she could handle the contractions out of the water better. You go girl! 
They checked the babies heartbeat about once an hour. Babies heartbeat was sitting somewhere between 140-150  bpm. It was pretty awesome to hear that sound. Then she was pretty much 10 cm and it came time to push. She was feeling weak and light headed and didn't feel like she was making progress so she opted to stop and take some time to rest. 
And rest she got. Can you believe she actually caught some zzz's while she sat at 10cm. She actually sat at 10 cm for almost 2 hours before finding the energy to push again. This girls body was doing some amazing stuff. When I hit 10cm I'm done with contractions and I want the baby out but Xandi took some time to prepare and it was a sweet quiet experience in that room. 
Well until everyone had a place to sit and I didn't want to sit on the floor. For a hospital that floor was pretty dirty. I thought I would sit here since I saw Analise sitting there earlier. What a great idea? 
Nope not a great idea. Ugh! There are moments where I'm such a klutz and moments where my decisions are not on par. Got it! I've been dealing with so much on this trip and sleep wasn't exactly a good friend to me. So I'm definitely not 100%. But my head hit the light cover which is not plastic by the way. Yup glass! Looks something like this. 
When it broke I felt the blood in my head it hurt immediately with a throbbing pain but I had to hold back my tears and show of emotion. I for sure couldn't take this moment from Xandi. James comes over and didn't say are you okay...nope his main concern was that the lamp broke ha! I'm going to guess he was concerned he would have to pay for it or something and the stress of the day just led him straight to that thought. I was bleeding head and hands and no worries, James didn't have to pay for the lamp. I offered before I left to the supervisor but they said no way they have some of those tucked away besides accidents happen. Thank goodness for understanding and compassionate nursing staff. 
I got all cleaned up and offered a trip to the ER but figured I would just suck it up. The skin that came out took a clump of hair with it :/ like I have hair to be throwing away. Yikes, I had to sit on the nasty floor and talk to mercedes to get me through the situation. My head was throbbing and now I'm nauseous. Oh perfect. Good thing I'm good at faking it.  
We blew up balloons. Well the balloons we could find in a hospital to show Xandi which muscles she needs to use when pushing. Haha! We like a challenge and with Mercedes on text alert this baby will be joining us soon. 
Come 11:30 she was crowning and Xandi was exhausted. But she found the energy and got that baby out. She pushed for an hour that last time with contractions almost 5 mins apart. 
 But the moment arrives! I knew the sex the moment it came out but James wanted to say it out loud. He totally hesitated, he looked and said it's a and then looked at the midwife for confirmation. She said its a girl and he said GIRL. Yup James there was no wiener sorry man better luck next time. He had a feeling it was a boy but Xandi knew all along. 
She weighed in at 8.22 pounds. Dying to know how long she is. 
Welcome to Alexandria Harper Warren! This girl had the best birthday! October 22nd will be a day this family will never forget. 
Did I mention how beautiful she is? Chubby cheeks! I wanna kiss her all day! I'm gonna love her forever. I can't help but to feel a little closer to my mom here. I know she had a hand in this little girls life before and now we get to watch her grow up. Praying for many healthy years ahead. 
The girls and I went home and slept. Well we actually ate a little and then fell asleep pretty fast. I heard Analise say it's exhausting when we have an exciting day. It sure is.