Friday, October 23, 2015

Boise day 6 gets us out exploring

Whew! Sometimes being married is hard and then being 721 miles away makes it even more of a challenge. Life has it's challenges, adventures, trials and then when you think your about to turn the corner the lessons in life start to kick in. I got to experience a whole lot over the past 2 weeks and I have learned major lessons but nothing compares to the miracle of life and the strength witnessed of a new mom. I have fallen in love with this Angel! 
We started the morning sleeping. Seriously sleep was so needed. I think I finally got a full 6 hours of sleep and as I was heading into the stretch with a goal of 8 hours, my phone rang. I didn't get to it in time since it took me a little while to figure out if I was dreaming or in reality. 
The girls finally woke up and I got some good cuddle time. So far that is my favorite part of my morning...cuddles. But before the girls woke up I got cuddles from puppy. She jumped on top of me and scared me at first. 
I have officially declared her a psycho cat. She was purring as I was petting her and if I slowed down she begged for more. So I figured she liked it since she was showing happiness with it. Then her stomach growled or something and she all of a sudden got mad at me and pawed at me and then hissed. So I stopped and froze hoping to not get scratched. Then she started being all sweet and purring again while begging me to pet her. It was a very interesting experience. I actually really enjoyed it minus the hissing. :) 
This was a fun fact I learned today. I just had to share it with Gabe. 
Speaking of Gabe I sure do miss that kid. He has such a busy week and weekend I wish I was there to help ease the stress a little bit. Wishing him luck on his ACT this weekend. 
The girls got baby Lexie's car seat ready for her first car trip debut tomorrow. The monkey makes a smile appear on your face doesn't it. 
After we finally got our morning completed we headed out the door to visit Xandi in the hospital and drop off her car. We saw a car leaving,and the parking lot was full so we took it. Hmm...that suburban was not very considerate with that parking job. Maybe they were in labor!
We got Lexie a little welcoming gift. It was hard for us to decide on it, but the girls and I finally did. 
We were so excited for Xandi to see it. We sure hope Lexie sleeps with it and finds comfort with it as she grows. 
Then it was time for some baby loving time. This little mama sure was in heaven. 
You can just see her falling in love. 
Elly felt like she was missing out. It was so hard for her to wait for her turn.
Then Elly was on top of the world too. 
These two have the same forehead wrinkles. It is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. 
Oh my goodness this baby has eyes that will brighten your day. 
She just wants to sleep all the time. This girl loves her sleep according to her momma. 
We left the car with them and walked back to xandi's house. It was going to be an adventure. 
It took a little while to make the walk about 45 mins according to Google but we stopped a lot so it was more like a few hours. We didn't go that way. We sent James a photo strip on how to find his car ha! 
On our way back Elly caught a lady bug. It was so exciting! 
When we finally got back to Xandi's house we started to clean up and prepare for the arrival of the rest of the Ortiz clan. Elly helped me organize and clean up. I'm thankful for her sweet helpful spirit. Elly is pretty amazing. Analise made dinner for us. We didn't eat till 10pm but who knows where the day went? I sure don't. We had bean and cheese burritos with some fruit on the side. Yup! She is amazing too! Thanks for dinner Analise. 
Well time to get ready for bed. Maybe watch a movie and wait for the rest of the crew to arrive then it's time for sleep. I vote for 8 hours. I sure need better spirits tomorrow.