Saturday, October 24, 2015

Boise day 7 brings more family

Well late last night Javier, Nicole and Dante rolled into town. As we were falling asleep we were telling stories. It made me excited for the next day but also brings a different level of stress. Will we overwhelm Xandi? Will James lose his mind? Will the small quarters take a toll on everyone? Should I just get a hotel room? Guess we will see how it all works out. The girls and I may have over stayed our welcome. It's probably time for team Warren to have their own bonding time. Then again once we leave that's all they will have so my selfish desires kick in. ;) I woke up this morning to a sneaky cat trying to get around everyone. 
Elly is never very far from me even if she starts far from she always gives me love with her cuddles. 
It was time to get cleaned up and get our day started. We seriously ate breakfast for lunch. Such lazy people here ha! We left Nani a little home welcoming package. 
Well we have a lot of energy so we figured it was time to work some of it off at a trampoline park. So off we go!
We definitely aren't as young as we think we all are. We started the fun with some dodgeball. 
I think my family is a little competitive. They take their games seriously if your out then YOUR OUT! Right Javier? 
Then we made it over to the basketball area. We tried our hands at some real dunking. Since in reality we could never never do that. #shortgirlproblems
We do have some tall people in my bloodline. 
Although not too sure about their gracefulness 
We truly had a blast playing tag and just enjoying one another. 
I still got style! I earned a 10 for that. 
Except these girls really rock my world. They had a blast 
Truth is though when it came time to leave all I heard was: 
"My toe hurts"
"My shoulder hurts"
"I'm so sore"
I guess our age really is showing or maybe we shouldn't be running as fast as we can to smash into a trampoline and have our bodies momentum roll to a stop. Yeah...thinking that might have not been good on the old men of the group 
Well we got no car because we walked here and besides we don't have a car to fit all of us legally. So we walked to the heart of downtown and had some lunch at PF Changs. They also donate $1 for every selfie taken to breast cancer research for those that use #PFChangsPINK so we did too. 
Then it came time to walk back to Xandi's. We got a little distracted and stopped at a thrift store. Elly got a pair of tights and both girls got some books. 
We made it back to Xandi's apartment and Lexie was in a great mood. Well she mostly slept. We got her a hair bow but her head needs to grow a little.
It was so great having these fools in town. The dynamic has changed and they bring such an element of fun and laughter to the group. 
My girls are in love. This is going to be a fun week. That poor girl will never go without being held. She will never learn the art of alone time because there will always be someone who wants her.
Even I'm guilty of that desire. She is so pretty! So sweet! So beautiful! 
What do you think? 
She is amazing! 
As Rodd and I try to fix our own marital problems in life I sure did enjoy talking with him today. His new love is lobster fishing from his kayak. I think this week alone he has announced he was going out 3-4 times. I think it's safe to say it has become his obsession. Life is hard sometimes but I'm grateful that this man is willing to ride it with me. 
I let my guard down and the girls had a snack with some red dye. #epicmomfail of course Elly, who hasn't had a reaction in awhile broke out. Yikes! No pop tarts ever again. Well off to the store I went to get some Benadryl. It only got worse before it got better. 
Well that was all in a day here. There were lessons to be learned and love relationships built. There were annoyances and friendships. There was a day to remember and a weekend of much needed joy. I'm in love with my family! Life is grand when they are around.